How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
13»

Replies

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    There's never going to be an "exact" weight, the only thing that changes is your view of what it says and what you do with the info. I weigh every day because I prefer the more detailed view. In as *kitten* backwards way, weighing every day has the potential for less stress because over time I have seen spikes and dips and know that something that makes more sense is likely only a day away. I don't want to see a spike on the scale and go two more weeks under a false impression, same with a dip.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Every morning and input it into Libra but Mondays are my official weigh-in days.

Exactly this, except Friday is my official weigh-in day.
  • Blondie_130
    Blondie_130 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Once a week, midweek. I weigh in the morning after I’ve gone to the bathroom and before I’ve had anything to eat or drink.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    Every day, first thing in the AM, after bathroom, before eat/drink, wearing only my glasses and watch. I've done it for years, even before trying to lose weight. It helps me understand what causes minor ups and downs in scale weight, and how large they can be, even when they aren't fat gain. Because of that, I'm better able to be unemotional about the number: It's just useful data.

I used to graph the daily weights on graph paper. (No, I'm not weight obsessed; I'm a data geek in various ways.) Now I put the daily weights in the Libra weight-trending app.
  • nursemellie76
    nursemellie76 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Maybe once a month if that. I’m a firm believer in letting the mirror be a better indicator(or the way my clothes fit). I started out a few years ago weighing nearly daily and was less pleased with seeing the numbers hover around the same or a slow decline. Now when I weigh and the numbers are more dramatic it gives me a bigger boost :)