Weight Averaging Apps - Fascinating!

Options
After reading many recommendation for a scale app, i downloaded Happy Scale. I was already weighing myself daily anyway, but would only "record" every week or week and a half or when I was consistently under a round number and input that round number. The happy app let's me record daily so i can track the daily changes.

wow! keeping time of day and clothing similar, it is pretty surprising to see it all come together. it really gives perspective to daily ups and downs. I look forward to weighing myself daily to see how the numbers will go now that I have almost two week's worth of data and can start seeing how things compare week to week.

Since I am moving towards slowing down my weight I wanted to have a closer track to see the 0.5 pds (which can be harder to just eyeball on the scale by recording once a week like loosing 1pd)

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,756 Member
    Options
    :love:
  • Cheeseandcats
    Cheeseandcats Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I use Libra (basically Happy Scale for Android) and love it! It really puts those fluctuations in perspection, doesn't it?
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I use Libra and DH uses happy scale. He likes Libra better :smirk:

It's nice but it's also frustrating, I like to embrace my lows, it reminds me that my lows can be an anomaly as much as the random highs. It takes a full week of lower readings to bring down my trend.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,502 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

It's nice but it's also frustrating, I like to embrace my lows, it reminds me that my lows can be an anomaly as much as the random highs. It takes a full week of lower readings to bring down my trend.

You can change that by messing with the advanced settings. ;) I wouldn't recommend that during the weight loss phase, though!
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

You can change that by messing with the advanced settings. ;) I wouldn't recommend that during the weight loss phase, though!

Don't think I haven't played around with it though! I always change it back.
  • jdubois5351
    jdubois5351 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    It really is fascinating to see, and it's changed my perspective SO much. Happy Scale is keeping me sane, I think :wink:
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I use trendweight.com. For some reason my Withings scale does not connect to Libra properly so I gave up on Libra.