Guys - stretch marks on back

Options
mom23mangos
mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
Did any of you guys get stretch marks on your back when going through puberty? My son had a little growth under the skin (you can see a little dark spot where it was in the stretch mark) and when it popped out, he got a stretch mark in the same spot. It was just really weird. The dermatologist said it was probably just a clogged sebaceous gland and the stretch mark was just coincidental and probably from growth.

I have read that it's more common for teenage boys to get horizontal stretch marks on their backs during puberty, but all the pictures I've seen look more like tiger stripes. Anyone had something similar when they were growing up?

j7hruvhl902b.jpg

Edit - It's grown about 1/2" from when we originally saw it.

Replies

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    It's normal, especially in pronounced growth spurts. I have a number of these as I was a late developer and went from 5' 8" to 6' 4" in three years (16-19). Accumulated more when I started lifting and bulking. They've minimized a bit over time.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    It's normal, especially in pronounced growth spurts. I have a number of these as I was a late developer and went from 5' 8" to 6' 4" in three years (16-19). Accumulated more when I started lifting and bulking. They've minimized a bit over time.

Thanks for the confirmation. It's just so deep and straight and right where that weird growth was so of course I'm being paranoid mom. But the dermatologist didn't seem to be concerned either. I think I'd actually feel better if there were more of them. LOL

Also, he's grown a good 6-8" in the past year.
  • RicoFit14
    RicoFit14 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    If you wanted to try and 'heal' it some. Go grab some straight vitamin E oil. Rub it on the stretch mark a couple times a day. Will help it not be as noticeable.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Not a guy but I've had partners with stretch marks on the back due to quick growth in the teenage years.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    My son has horizontal stretch marks on his back. He grew very tall, very fast! They're better now. He couldn't care less.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    My husband has marks like that, never knew what they were... he's very tall so that explains it!