Why do some people don’t eat much carbs when losing weight?

Options

Replies

• drkuhl2017
    drkuhl2017 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Some of us need to do it for health reasons. I have diabetes and I was told to eat lower carb to help manage my sugar levels. I personally love eating low carb. Carbs were a big part of the problem when I ballooned up to 370 pounds because it was easy for me to eat a lot of carbs and they added a significant amount of calories. Eating low carb feels better for my body too. It's all about personal preference and only you can know exactly what your body requires in regard to macros.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    I should add that I am particularly concerned about carbs because my husband is diabetic and he has to watch his carbs. I cook for both of us - it works for him and it works for me. I find it kind of amusing that carbs seem to be such a hot button issue here. I don't worry about it, I do what is working for me.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I should add that I am particularly concerned about carbs because my husband is diabetic and he has to watch his carbs. I cook for both of us - it works for him and it works for me. I find it kind of amusing that carbs seem to be such a hot button issue here. I don't worry about it, I do what is working for me.

I wasn't debating you. I was just stating my own experiences. I do what works for me and it ends up being on the higher side of low carb myself (80-120grams most days). I don't set limits or even watch my carbs except to make sure I pair higher carb items with enough protein. I have my own medical situation that is kind of unusual that makes it easier to eat this way.