What do you miss the most?

Options
Technically, I'm not really missing anything, I still allow myself to eat anything I want to (if I really want it and can fit it into my calorie goal). Yet ... yet ... I'm really, really missing being able to eat the amounts of fruit I used to eat before. Nowadays it's much more veggies, and fruit being a desert, but DAMN! I could pack away a 2 kilos of fruit a day, easily. I love fruit. 5 large peaches? No problem! Give me all your cherries and blueberries! Strawberries! Raspberries (I can eat my bodyweight in those ...). I've never eaten a lot of sweets or salty snacks, but fruit was my "downfall". I know it's much better in general than chocolate, but in the end, sugar is sugar - and fruit in the amounts I used to eat can pack quite a lot of calories. But I really, really miss it, and I can't wait to go to maintenance and to be able to add a little more back into my diet.

So, what is it that you miss the most?

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    I just miss eating whatever I felt like, whenever, and not caring about how many calories was in it. :'(

That's about it for me. I don't miss any particular food/drink, because I never entirely gave up/cut out anything from my diet. I eat more of some things and less of others, but nothing is off limits. I did cut back substantially on the alcohol consumption, but honestly I don't miss that at all.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,648 Member
    Options
    I just miss eating whatever I felt like, whenever, and not caring about how many calories was in it. :'(

So much this.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    In a deficit now, sometimes I miss having all the foods in one day. My two ham and egg sandwiches for my morning snack, pasta for lunch, protein mug cakes with whipped cream and strawberries for snack, double portions of dinner and Ben and Jerry's for dessert...all which I used to have almost everyday when I was gaining. But I don't miss the pressure to hit my calories and how full I was all the time, so I'd definitely rather be here, still able to eat some of those things on certain days.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

That's about it for me. I don't miss any particular food/drink, because I never entirely gave up/cut out anything from my diet. I eat more of some things and less of others, but nothing is off limits. I did cut back substantially on the alcohol consumption, but honestly I don't miss that at all.

Same, though I do miss just going out to eat with out thinking about calories. Oh well.
  • SummerTwentyOne
    SummerTwentyOne Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Ben and Jerry’s, cool ranch Doritos, dominos chicken strips with wedges and garlic pizza with cookie desert...my god no wonder my SW was 300lbs.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    AnvilHead wrote: »

Same, though I do miss just going out to eat with out thinking about calories. Oh well.

I still do that sometimes. It just has to be the (occasional/infrequent) exception rather than the rule.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Chocolate. I used to eat ridiculous quantities of it.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I don’t miss any particular food, really, because I fit what I want into my daily calories.
    I admit, there are times I miss just eating with abandon like I used to. I love to eat! But although I can get wistful about it on occasion, I’m not tempted—that’s the difference.