Bump...
  • Chickaboo2014
    Chickaboo2014 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Bump:laugh:
  • Chickaboo2014
    Chickaboo2014 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I read the list and was looking for TRAP....I'll google it.
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I couldn;t find anything related to diet, exercise, or fitness: http://www.acronymfinder.com/TRAP.html
  • michelleneli
    michelleneli Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    BUMP for newbies:smile:
  • thisonewillwork
    thisonewillwork Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • thisonewillwork
    thisonewillwork Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks.
  • jeannebowman97
    Options
    Bump. Thanks for this I was quite a bit confused on all these when I read the posts.
  • anewdesign
    anewdesign Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    saved! awesome! :happy:
  • paulvhopp
    paulvhopp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Parthus02
    Parthus02 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    bump
  • WisheeNY
    WisheeNY Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

^^ what does this mean and why does everyone post it.
  • Dad_of_3
    Options
    Hi there. An up-caret (^ or ^^) references the previous post. It is used to reference the previous post, which is usually posted above the post being made. Example:

^^ Good question!
  • WisheeNY
    WisheeNY Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi there. An up-caret (^ or ^^) references the previous post. It is used to reference the previous post, which is usually posted above the post being made. Example:

^^ Good question!

No!! Lol. I meant what does the thing it was pointing to mean.
  • pmturn
    pmturn Posts: 2
    Options
    bump
  • Dad_of_3
    Options

^^ Good question!

No!! Lol. I meant what does the thing it was pointing to mean.

@WisheeNY- Sorry about that!

Go to the first page at the first post of this thread, and look at the sixth definition and the footnote. For your convenience, it is:

Bump: A message of BUMP is placed in a thread for a user to come back and read later. Making a post of "Bump" causes it to appear in the user's My Topics list. *Please see more below about BUMP- someone always argues with me about this particular term on MFP.

Footnote:

*Here's why I do not reference BUMP as the acronym "Bring Up My Post":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bump_(Internet)
    "To bump a thread on an internet forum is to post a reply to it purely in order to raise the thread's profile. This will typically return it to the top of the list of active threads. It has been suggested that "bump" is an acronym of "bring up my post";[1] however, this is almost certainly[original research?] a backronym and the usage is entirely consistent with the verb "bump" which means "to knock to a new position".[2]" and a "backronym" means (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backronym):

A bacronym or backronym is a phrase specially constructed so that an acronym fits an existing word... (bolded and underlined emphasis mine.)

The word is a combination of the two words 'backward' and 'acronym', and has been defined as a "reverse acronym".[1] Its earliest known citation in print is as "bacronym" in the November 1983 edition of the Washington Post monthly neologism contest. The newspaper quoted winning reader "Meredith G. Williams of Potomac" defining it as the "same as an acronym, except that the words were chosen to fit the letters".[1]
  • dherburg
    dherburg Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • nonhlanhla78
    Options
    This helps!!! thank you.