Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    CICO isn't a diet.

No? Why is that? Because there are no restrictions?

Because it's an energy equation that's in play whatever way of eating you choose to follow.

So according to you a DIET, is restricting certain foods?

Nope. A diet is eating. You can no more choose to "do" CICO than you can choose to "do" gravity. CICO is the formula that determines whether you lose, gain, or maintain.

I'm on a calorie-restricted diet to lose weight. I'm also kosher and vegetarian, so I do restrict certain foods regardless of my weight. But whether I lose, gain, or maintain, it's still CICO.

And we use CICO to get certain results just as gravity is used to get certain results.

Right, but it happens no matter how you're eating. If you're doing keto, LCHF, vegetarian, low-cal, high-cal, Mediterranean, South Beach, Atkins, healthy, unhealthy, whatever, then CICO is in play. You can't do a CICO diet, because there's no such thing (or it's every such thing and thus meaningless.)
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    CICO isn't a diet.

No? Why is that? Because there are no restrictions?

Because it's an energy equation that's in play whatever way of eating you choose to follow.

So according to you a DIET, is restricting certain foods?

Nope. A diet is eating. You can no more choose to "do" CICO than you can choose to "do" gravity. CICO is the formula that determines whether you lose, gain, or maintain.

I'm on a calorie-restricted diet to lose weight. I'm also kosher and vegetarian, so I do restrict certain foods regardless of my weight. But whether I lose, gain, or maintain, it's still CICO.

And we use CICO to get certain results just as gravity is used to get certain results.

Right, but it happens no matter how you're eating. If you're doing keto, LCHF, vegetarian, low-cal, high-cal, Mediterranean, South Beach, Atkins, healthy, unhealthy, whatever, then CICO is in play. You can't do a CICO diet, because there's no such thing (or it's every such thing and thus meaningless.)

Exactly--I'm agreeing with you.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Ooops... Sorry 'bout that!
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I like the reviews of people that live there and know the real diet Mediterranean’s have.
    This “Mediterranean diet” it’s another fad , a made up diet, they haven’t included all the pasta breads pizza cakes desserts they are well known for in the med.

Oh my, now I want some fiteer. It's not sold where I live, and probably wouldn't be worth it anyway. Thanks a lot :p