Ate pistachios and having ragrets

Options
I ate pistachios because I was still hungry after lunch and it was unplanned and I didn't weigh it.
Besides the pistachios, I've only had my grilled chicken salad which is prob 400ish(ate out).

Should I just skip dinner? No idea if I'm over my 1200 goal for today. :'(:'(

Replies

• turtlemt20
    turtlemt20 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I also did an hour on the elliptical in the morning which might save me from going over... fml
  • turtlemt20
    turtlemt20 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    idk it was at least like 3 handfuls :| but I'll try and relax.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    turtlemt20 wrote: »
    idk it was at least like 3 handfuls :| but I'll try and relax.

A "handful" is usually around 1/4 cup, depending on the hand. Were they shelled or unshelled when you estimated how many you ate? Log your best guess at how many you had. You're likely looking at 300-700 calories from pistachios which still leaves room for a light dinner. This is not as big a deal as it seems to be. It's a hiccup. You'll have days where you're over and days where you're under and they'll all even out in the end if you're fairly consistent.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    It's not a big deal.

Are you hungry for dinner? If you are, then eat a dinner. But if you aren't hungry, then don't bother and just get back on track tomorrow.
  • BlessedMom70
    BlessedMom70 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    Okay, let’s say you ate 700 calories of pistachios. Let’s even say you go home and eat dinner as usual, and you’re 700 calories over your calorie goal. Let’s say you then get back on track and just end up 700 calories over goal for the week.

3500 calories burned equals a pound of fat. So if you eat 700 calories more than intended this week, then you lose 0.2 pounds less this week than you would have otherwise. 0.2 pounds either up or down is easily masked by normal weight fluctuations. 0.2 pounds is not worth this level of stress. And again, that 0.2 pounds is a worst case scenario. Relax.

Exactly this.

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    turtlemt20 wrote: »
    I ate pistachios because I was still hungry after lunch and it was unplanned and I didn't weigh it.
    Besides the pistachios, I've only had my grilled chicken salad which is prob 400ish(ate out).

Should I just skip dinner? No idea if I'm over my 1200 goal for today. :'(:'(

Is 1200 actually an appropriate calorie goal for you? Unless you are very very short and practically bedridden, it's lower than you need to go, and under eating can lead to binging.

https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/1200-calorie-diet/