Depressing Insults

Options
2»

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Well, I think you need to look at the source of said insults. Your ex's friends which presumably are guys, are not the best source of things to worry about. What I mean is, as a guy, my friends and I will make fun of each other over anything and everything. Doesn't matter the topic, we will joke about it. That said, those insults are more directed at belittling him than you. By saying you bench press more than your ex, they are basically calling him weak and a pansy. To be quite honest, you should feel proud and emboldened that they noticed your physique and training. I mean being able to bench more than a guy shouldn't be an insult in my mind at least? The "you look like a guy" comment is pretty silly in general. Nothing about you looks manish and again is just them trying to get under his skin and poke and prod him. I would be willing to wager a good deal of money that the same person saying you "looked like a guy"; would also be the first to jump at a date with you.
    Always great to hear a guys point of view :drinker: :wink:
  • Kath15
    Kath15 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Girl, you look fabulous and need to ignore these lame, immature boys. I don't think this is really about you as much as it is about razzing their friend in any way possible. Don't let them feed into any insecurities that you have and make you depressed. A lot of women would kill to look like you -wear it proud!
  • SayRah
    SayRah Posts: 104
    Options
    I dont think you should have to change anything about yourself because of what people say.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    So I am going about my days dieting and feeling good and now TWICE in a month I have been insulted behind my back for no reason (and once to me over Facebook) by my ex-boyfriend's friends about looking like a dude or being able to benchpress more than them. (Me and my ex are still really good friends and have been broken up 1.5 years, btw).

This makes me so angry because I am overweight but not anymore than some other girls they know. I just happen to be 6'0 tall. I am not sure how to alleviate this other than becoming a stick figure. It makes me really sad and depressed.

They are *kitten*. If you have them on your buddy list, delete and block them. If they ever say anything like that to you again, mention that if you can lift more than them, they should be ashamed of themselves as they must have the strength of a woman and are big-girl's blouses!

Jealousy has been mentioned in other posts and I totally agree with that, they are like whiny little brats who haven't got any get-up-and-go because it has all got-up-and-gone!

That's the trouble with blokes that like to think they are alpha-males, they can't handle anything or anyone that is doing better!

You can't do anything about your height and unless you want to look like a stick-insect, you need to keep a level head on your shoulders and realise that you can't please everybody all of the time, therefore, don't bother trying. Walk tall, walk proud and forget those poor excuses for blokes as they do not even deserve any time or thought on your part xxx