I'm a vegetarian but need more protein. HELP!

Options
1235»

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    one of my go to snacks that I always carry in my purse is primal strips (vegan jerkey <100 cal w/ about 10g protein). I did not notice if you were vegan but I eat a greek yogurt every morning to start the day with 14g of fat free protein. Between my veggie intake and spending my calories on food instead of junk I always reach my protein goals without even trying. Good luck

Those primal strips are really good.
  • 1rainbowweaver
    Options
    Thanks for this thread. I'm also looking to increase my protein intake and got some great ideas.
  • orangelife2011
    Options
    go on ebay and buy some medifast shakes,they are well balanced and one hundred calories per drink
    14 grams protien 13grams carbs and 20% of 24 vitamins 4 grams fiber 7 grams sugar.
  • DatGurlNyaa
    Options
    almonds, peanuts, Cashews, Pistachios,pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, chia seeds, skimmed milk, soy milk, tofu, meat substitutes(they are super high in protein), 100% whole grain wheat products or if your gluten free buckwheat flour and products, flaxseeds/ flaxmeal, quinoa, lentils, red kidney beans, black beans, string cheese, low moisture-part skim milk mozarella cheese, chickpeas / hummus, broccoli, spinach, kale (basically any dark green vegi), wild rice, brown rice etc
  • Sarahnade42x
    Sarahnade42x Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    There are already some really good suggestions here, I'll just throw in my favorites:
    -Plain greek yogurt mixed with a scoop of vanilla whey protein (tastes better than pudding and has >50g protein!)
    -lentils and lentil crackers
    -Vega protein powder (from Whole Foods. Has a smaller protein:calorie ratio than whey but is a good vegan alternative)
    -Morningstar and Boca products (good protein and yummy, but tend to be high in sodium)
    -Quest protein bars (very clean with good macros)
    -Protein waffles (yes, they exist! 10g protein per serving. Found at Whole Foods)
    -Egg Whites (if you eat eggs..easy to sneak into lots of things for a big protein boost)