is your birthday a "big deal"?

Options

Replies

• fitmom07
    fitmom07 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    My husband isn't even going to be home for my birthday, so I guess I will take the kids to dinner!
  • Danilynn1975
    Danilynn1975 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    every 4 years I get a new president sworn into office, whether I wanted that one or not.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    I like for it to be acknowledged but that's about it. I don't want to have a big deal made of it.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    You betcha... It is the day after Halloween.... all candy is 1/2 off :bigsmile:
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    I quietly celebrate a "surrogate" b-day if you will of being cancer free now a days. One more year type thing has much more meaning to me,,,

:flowerforyou:
  • missveeoh
    missveeoh Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My last year as a teen and I turn 20 in about 3 weeks so I guess its kind of a big deal for me?
    I'll probably just spend it with friends and visit an amusement park. Hopefully I can get over the ''my-birthdays-should-always-be -celebrated'' thing sooner or later. I'm starting to feel old!!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    My birthday often falls on Labor Day, or that weekend. Everyone in America celebrates my birthday!

Yeah, every few years, my birthday falls on Memorial Day.
  • faith_76
    faith_76 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Just give me cake to share with my kids and I'm good
  • aszwarc
    aszwarc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I don't celebrate mine. As far as I'm concerned, I had nothing to do with it. If anyone should get attention on a birthday, it's the mother - she did all the work.

It really makes no sense: Let's throw you a party to celebrate that you were squeezed through a birth canal while covered in goo!
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Well my 30th birthday which is Feb 9th 2014 ,will be I'm hoping at least , I want to be at my goal weight by then and when I do Im getting my first tattoo:) most of my birthdays are celebrated in some small way its the only day that's just for me, since Im a mother of two small children I don't have many days for myself anymore. My husband on the other hand doesn't care much for them , guess he is humble lol I think he likes having it celebrated, but would never admit to it .
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    My birthday never was fun.... Its August 21. So, every year I got backpack, school supplies, school clothes for my birthday... NEVER MIND THAT MY SISTER WAS GETTING THE SAME CRAP CAUSE IT WAS FOR SCHOOL. (Yes, I am stil bitter about that LMAO.)

In my famiy, once you turn 18 a birthday is just a card and a phone call. No presents. We're all about the kids :glasses:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I don't celebrate mine. As far as I'm concerned, I had nothing to do with it. If anyone should get attention on a birthday, it's the mother - she did all the work.

It really makes no sense: Let's throw you a party to celebrate that you were squeezed through a birth canal while covered in goo!

Haha! My friend calls her son's birthday her "labor day".
  • Goldglintedwater
    Options
    I seriously love my birthday and I think its a big deal for me. Partly I love the day I was born( middle of summer) and also maybe because my childhood was pretty bad and so birthdays could never be as grand as the next kids so yeah now that Im older and in control I tend to feel pretty darn special and dont care who else thinks because i respect how others feel about theirs I just happen to LOVE mines :tongue:
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Yes, I will celebrate my birth week with debauchery
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I turn 25 this year and I'll be at work. I don't live anywhere near my family and my Love isn't big on celebrating anything. We're going to a car show the day before (what he wants to do) but have nothing planned for me. Last year we were in the mountains by a lake in Maine for his cousin's wedding. It was great even though it wasn't at all about me.

I imagine that I'll buy some steamed crabs and have a quiet dinner after work. No big deal.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I have a twin sister, so birthdays were always fun growing up. Now that she lives in another state, we rarely get to do anything together, but this year, I'm flying out to Arizona (where she and her family live), and we're going hiking at the Grand Canyon.

In general, my birthday is not that big of a deal to me. And I get really annoyed by this new trend of celebrating your "birthday week." Just no. You're not 5. The world does not stop spinning on its axis for a week just because you were born a few decades ago.
  • Ilikeyoursleeves
    Ilikeyoursleeves Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Nothing more irritating than an adult trying to make a big deal of their own birthday. Uhg. I turn 40 in ten days. Nothing planned and that's how I want it. Birthday celebrations are for my kids.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Mine was not quite a week ago. I hadn't realized it was my birthday until my wife said something that morning. The best part was the cards my sons made for me. The cake wasn't bad either, though :P
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options

Haha! My friend calls her son's birthday her "labor day".

That's hilarious! :laugh:
  • Ilikeyoursleeves
    Ilikeyoursleeves Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have a twin sister, so birthdays were always fun growing up. Now that she lives in another state, we rarely get to do anything together, but this year, I'm flying out to Arizona (where she and her family live), and we're going hiking at the Grand Canyon.

In general, my birthday is not that big of a deal to me. And I get really annoyed by this new trend of celebrating your "birthday week." Just no. You're not 5. The world does not stop spinning on its axis for a week just because you were born a few decades ago.

Love this. ^^