What is your 'selfish' reason?

Options
pchesnut
pchesnut Posts: 347 Member
Apart from a desire to be healthy, what is your selfish reason to be fit?

Here is mine---I have 4 very pretty sisters. I have always had the widest hips (but the smallest waist--go figure) of them all.
Family reunion coming up in a few months and I would really like to NOT have the biggest butt of all the sisters this time.
Petty and shallow--yes I know. I own it.

So what is YOUR selfish reason?

Replies

• fitmom07
    fitmom07 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Looking good in a bikini!
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Looking good in general.
  • RN514
    RN514 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of being in my "comfort zone" all the time.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    I have never had any kind of decent body. Growing up, I was scrawny. After college, I got fat. I am tired of it. I just want to be hot for a change. To look in the mirror and be truly happy with what I see. So I lost the a lot of the fat, but due to lack of muscle got skinny-fat. And now I am building muscle. Hopefully I will build enough over the winter that when I cut in the spring, I will look pretty good. Then after another bulking and cutting session, maybe I will be where I want to be.
  • Newnameishardtofind
    Newnameishardtofind Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Be fit to play sports again after an injury and surgery. At 45 being fit may get me a few more years of playing time.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I wanna look smokin in lingerie for the hubby :wink:
  • brittyandian
    brittyandian Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I just wanna be as attractive as I was before I had my kids.
  • morethanthis0
    morethanthis0 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    To run and jump around in a bikini at the beach
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    So I can rock my booty shorts
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    World Domination.
  • SweetLilyR
    SweetLilyR Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    To look even better to my hubby...and to get hit on and those admiring compliments and glances from other men again...

To go shopping on the skinny side of the store...

To enjoy looking in the mirror for once...
  • SanDiegoJohn
    SanDiegoJohn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    So what is YOUR selfish reason?

I have a kick *kitten* tattoo just above my heart. It's two dog tags, one that matches the dog tags I wore in the Marine Corps and the other a rainbow flag. It's amazing... and it was rarely seen by anyone because I didn't feel comfortable taking my shirt off.

So, that's my selfish, shallow reason. I wanted to take my shirt off and know that people were noticing my tattoo, not my belly.

John
  • tennyllia4
    Options
    Well lets see....#.1 is to stay & look young. #. 2 is to be HOTT # 3. is to be HOTT and finally #4..... is to stay looking HOTT. HMMM yep that pretty much sums it up.
  • pchesnut
    pchesnut Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I wanna look smokin in lingerie for the hubby :wink:

hahaha, me too!
  • Skyebella27
    Options
    I'm tired of having to shop in plus-sized stores! I just want to get into regular stores!
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    To not feel like the fat American in Japan.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Tear people limb from limb if the moment calls for it.
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Short term - I'm going to a Black Tie dinner party in September and I'm wearing one of my daughter's dresses (which I surprised myself by being able to get into in the first place) and I want to look 150% better in it at the party than I did when I tried it on at the end of June. And I'd love it if I looked good enough to attract at least a bit of positive male attention instead of being looked at with disdain, or worse, being overlooked altogether.

Long term? I'm tired of being the "fat friend." My 40 year high school reunion is coming up in a few years. I want to be as hott as a woman my age can be (i.e., I'm told I look younger than I am now... I want to keep that), and I want to look a million times better than I did at my 30 and 35 year reunions. And.... I want to be well under the max weight for the stables that offer horseback riding excursions in Scotland and/or Ireland, because riding across the Highlands and/or in Ireland is on my bucket list.

And let's face it, I'm not getting any younger and I want to be around when my children decide to have children of their own and I don't want to be the old, out of shape grandma that can't play with the grandkids.... Old, I can't help because I was an "older" mom... but I can be healthy and in good shape.
  • lovelyx091
    lovelyx091 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I want to be more confident and look good in lingerie... and look great naked, lol.

Plus I want there to be two thin ladies in the family. Not just one.