edited September 2018
    Options
    Nevermind, off topic
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    .... Had a guy at work have a fall out. I am a nurse btw. I knew immediately what the issue was. He was having dumping issues. I told everyone that witnesses it, it was his blood sugar. I am not bound by hippa in this situation, but fibbed to help spare him his dignity.
    Sorry, but I'm confused - did you mean "fall out" as in mood swing where he lost his temper and yelled unforgivably at everyone present, or is there some more directly physiological meaning?

(I'm figuring he probably didn't literally create "radioactive precipitation as in the wake of a nuclear explosion." ;) )

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    .... Had a guy at work have a fall out. I am a nurse btw. I knew immediately what the issue was. He was having dumping issues. I told everyone that witnesses it, it was his blood sugar. I am not bound by hippa in this situation, but fibbed to help spare him his dignity.
    Sorry, but I'm confused - did you mean "fall out" as in mood swing where he lost his temper and yelled unforgivably at everyone present, or is there some more directly physiological meaning?

(I'm figuring he probably didn't literally create "radioactive precipitation as in the wake of a nuclear explosion." ;) )

In the US south (or at least the part I'm from), "fall out" can have the meaning of fainting or falling due to weakness/health. Like, "I was so hungry, I just about fell out."
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options

Glad I'm not the only one who didn't know what that meant :D Then he said it was from dumping issues? Does that mean like, pooping issues?
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    Options

In the US south (or at least the part I'm from), "fall out" can have the meaning of fainting or falling due to weakness/health. Like, "I was so hungry, I just about fell out."
    Thanks, that's good to know. :)

(In my part of the world, if your "fall out" isn't emotional or nuclear, something has to physically fall out of something; and given that the guy was at risk of being embarrassed at work, it made me wonder...)

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options

Yep... I am as southern as they come. Thanks jelly for clearing up that slang issue.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    Some perspective? Yo, she _mutilated her guts_ because of her inability to control herself. Hardly something to be jealous of. Just watch: she'll get tired of eating slop, and probably go back to eating like before and wreck what's left of her gut anyways.

Better yet, don't watch because her posts are messing with your mind. Better to unfollow and concentrate on yourself.

Anyways, isn't 200 too low to get a sleeve anyways? I thought that was for people twice that size.
    I've given up eating everything I enjoy
    Normally I would be ordering Chinese food.

It doesn't have to be like that at all. I eat Chinese food weekly, on a cut or not. Eat what you like, but stop eating too much of it. That's it.

you have idiot doctors who will do the surgery for those who arent dangerouly obese. I think for most WLS its 100lb or more overweight or if you have a comorbidity issue that can cause death due to your weight.
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Some perspective? Yo, she _mutilated her guts_ because of her inability to control herself. Hardly something to be jealous of. Just watch: she'll get tired of eating slop, and probably go back to eating like before and wreck what's left of her gut anyways.

Better yet, don't watch because her posts are messing with your mind. Better to unfollow and concentrate on yourself.

Anyways, isn't 200 too low to get a sleeve anyways? I thought that was for people twice that size.

It doesn't have to be like that at all. I eat Chinese food weekly, on a cut or not. Eat what you like, but stop eating too much of it. That's it.

you have idiot doctors who will do the surgery for those who arent dangerouly obese. I think for most WLS its 100lb or more overweight or if you have a comorbidity issue that can cause death due to your weight.
    While googling for answers to my "fall out" question, I ran across this page: 8 common problems after weight loss surgery. The information seems truthful and and worthwhile, but the article is illustrated by this image:
    y9nes31ab455.png
    Misleadingly uncaptioned, perhaps to let us presume that it represents "before" and "after."

But the woman on the left, while clearly obese, doesn't look dangerously so to me. If she's a hundred pounds overweight, I'll eat my hat (and log the calories). I'm about a hundred and ten pounds overweight, and I'd be ecstatic if that were what I saw when I turned sideways and looked in the mirror (I'd still want to lose more weight, but I'd be ecstatic all the same). I'd be missing my abdominal "apron," and my upper arm "wings." I'd be down to only one fat roll on my back, and not have my boobs resting on my belly. That last time I looked like that, I was about 70 pounds overweight.

(Also, who knew that WLS apparently gives you a deepens your tan, lengthens your hair, and makes you taller?)
    ((And gets you a much more supportive bra, which you now need much less badly?))
  • SandyH2015
    SandyH2015 Posts: 95 Member
    Options

While googling for answers to my "fall out" question, I ran across this page: 8 common problems after weight loss surgery. The information seems truthful and and worthwhile, but the article is illustrated by this image:
    y9nes31ab455.png
    Misleadingly uncaptioned, perhaps to let us presumable that it represents "before" and "after."

But the woman on the left, while clearly obese, doesn't look dangerously so to me. If she's a hundred pounds overweight, I'll eat my hat - and log the calories. I'm about a hundred and ten pounds overweight, and I'd be ecstatic if that were what I saw when I turned sideways and looked in the mirror (I'd still want to lose more weight, but I'd be ecstatic all the same). I'd be missing my abdominal "apron," and my upper arm "wings." I'd be down to only one fat roll on my back, and not have my boobs resting on my belly. That last time I looked like that, I was about 70 pounds over weight.

(Also, who knew that WLS apparently gives you a deepens your tan, lengthens your hair, and makes you taller?)
    ((And gets you a much more supportive bra, which you now need much less badly?))

Everyones build and body shapes are different. I am about 100lbs over weight at 258lbs. I am also 5'8. The before profile could be me. My chest might a bit bigger but otherwise very similar to my shape.
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    Options
    SandyH2015 wrote: »

y9nes31ab455.png
    Misleadingly uncaptioned, perhaps to let us presumable that it represents "before" and "after."

But the woman on the left, while clearly obese, doesn't look dangerously so to me. If she's a hundred pounds overweight, I'll eat my hat - and log the calories. I'm about a hundred and ten pounds overweight, and I'd be ecstatic if that were what I saw when I turned sideways and looked in the mirror (I'd still want to lose more weight, but I'd be ecstatic all the same). I'd be missing my abdominal "apron," and my upper arm "wings." I'd be down to only one fat roll on my back, and not have my boobs resting on my belly. That last time I looked like that, I was about 70 pounds over weight.

Everyones build and body shapes are different. I am about 100lbs over weight at 258lbs. I am also 5'8. The before profile could be me. My chest might a bit bigger but otherwise very similar to my shape.
    Good point, which I forgot to mention. Thanks.

But - leaving aside the fact that you are not a doctor*, and the question of whether you would choose to have it - do you think that it would be responsible for a physician to recommend weight loss surgery for you at this point?

(*Unless, of course, you are a doctor :) )
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    I have a disease that one of the known causes of is upper abdominal surgery especially WLS (I have never had WLS or upper abdominal surgery) called gastroparesis and it is very debilitating. I'm currently in the hospital on TPN and waiting for a Jtube. The GI tract is very sensitive and touching it can lead to other problems (I have had everything below my ileum removed because of Crohn's). I would never agree to any elective GI surgery unless your health is severely compromised (I went down to BMI 15.9 before TPN so have no choice really about a j tube. I don't want to starve to death)

45433144.jpg
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

Yes, I would have thought 200 pounds was too low a weight for surgery as well.

I have Chinese every month. I retain water from it, so I try to do it when I'm premenstrual and retaining water anyway, and not really worrying about that temporary fluctuation.
  • SandyH2015
    SandyH2015 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    SandyH2015 wrote: »

y9nes31ab455.png

Good point, which I forgot to mention. Thanks.

But - leaving aside the fact that you are not a doctor*, and the question of whether you would choose to have it - do you think that it would be responsible for a physician to recommend weight loss surgery for you at this point?

(*Unless, of course, you are a doctor :) )

I agree with you that unless there were other medical factors, that i should not be considered a candidate for WLS. Nor would I seek it at this point for what its worth.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

y9nes31ab455.png
    Misleadingly uncaptioned, perhaps to let us presume that it represents "before" and "after."

But the woman on the left, while clearly obese, doesn't look dangerously so to me. If she's a hundred pounds overweight, I'll eat my hat (and log the calories). I'm about a hundred and ten pounds overweight, and I'd be ecstatic if that were what I saw when I turned sideways and looked in the mirror (I'd still want to lose more weight, but I'd be ecstatic all the same). I'd be missing my abdominal "apron," and my upper arm "wings." I'd be down to only one fat roll on my back, and not have my boobs resting on my belly. That last time I looked like that, I was about 70 pounds overweight.

I looked kinda like the "before" pic just a bigger more shelf like butt, and bigger thighs as well as saddlebags for days lol my upper body has always been the smallest areas. didnt gain a lot up there. I will never nor have I ever before I became obese look like the after pic. 1 was 70 lbs overweight and weighed 209lb .The smallest I ever was as an adult was 125,but my weight most of the time was in the lower 140s. I kept that weight up until I hit my mid 30s then I started gaining weight and became obese .I get that everyone is built differently but even with lipo I doubt I would look like the after pic. but then most before and afters are greatly exaggerated in most things especially weight loss. but then usually there is some sort of disclaimer saying the results are atypical