Why the sudden influx of keto

Options
cathipa
cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
Was there something I missed on the news about keto? Seems like there has been a jump in keto starters and posts here as well as other people IRL that are starting.

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Any diet that let's me butter up bacon and bacon up some sausage sounds good to me... Just a bummer keto won't let you eat a banana. 🙄

You can alway just break training for a night or two.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    denny_mac wrote: »
    Any diet that let's me butter up bacon and bacon up some sausage sounds good to me... Just a bummer keto won't let you eat a banana. 🙄

@SnackherBarrell

Thursteeee

Oh c'mon, get your mind out of the gutter

Sorry 😕

I first read that as glitter.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options

Worddddd
  • cathipa
    Options
    denny_mac wrote: »

I guess I better get started making fat bombs and come up with some catchy name to cash in on the keto kraze!!!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Because keto is NEAT-O!
    😂🙄
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »
    Was there something I missed on the news about keto? Seems like there has been a jump in keto starters and posts here as well as other people IRL that are starting.

I got a few friends here dabbling in keto or LCHF. Mainly due to trying something to help them curb hunger as they find it hard to be in a deficit otherwise.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    It's become more and more trendy over the last 3-5 years and it's blown up in 2018...judging from comments I see on Facebook and Insta, most people don't really understand it or how it works and most think it's a requirement for losing weight.
  • 81Katz
    Options
    Seems faddish to me, like ACV. 😊
  • cathipa
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    It's become more and more trendy over the last 3-5 years and it's blown up in 2018...judging from comments I see on Facebook and Insta, most people don't really understand it or how it works and most think it's a requirement for losing weight.

And will viciously defend keto as the only way.
  • cathipa
    edited September 2018
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »

Agreed...but don't forget raspberry ketones and green tea extract
  • 81Katz
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »

Agreed...but don't forget raspberry ketones and green tea extract

That too or whatever Dr. Oz said this week! 😁
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Part of the influx of keto is that it's being used more to treat a wider variety of problems...it's not just for epileptics anymore, doctors are mentioning it (or people are finding it without a dr) for migraines, parkinsons, diabetes, hormone imbalance, PCOS, cancer, autism, etc.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Part of the influx of keto is that it's being used more to treat a wider variety of problems...it's not just for epileptics anymore, doctors are mentioning it (or people are finding it without a dr) for migraines, parkinsons, diabetes, hormone imbalance, PCOS, cancer, autism, etc.

How is it for treating delusions of grandeur?

I'm asking for a friend.