MADE IT -REACHED GOAL !!!! 2yrs 115.5lb lost .PICS

Options
1KiwiChick
1KiwiChick Posts: 479 Member
Well what a journey its been and now the start of a whole new one!!!
Hi , im Suzi and this is my story .....
My story starts at birth really , i was adopted and my adoptive parents had two natural children. I always feel like the odd one out. A traumatic incident in my teens left me with PTSD and then a teen pregnancy changed my life forever. My adoptive father whom i was close to died when i was 21 and a string a disasters and health problems for the next 15 or so years along with another 3 kids had me struggling with emotional eating.I quit an 18 yr smoking habit 9 years ago cold turkey and this also spiralled my weight.In August 2011 i found MFP and started to log. By Nov 2011 id lost 27kg and was going strong. I found my birth sister around this time and although meeting her ( she came to visit from Aussie) was amazing when she went back i felt id lost her all over again and my emotional eating took hold and i regained 11kg by june 2012( this also due to a relationship breakup early 2012). I met my current partner at this point and decided i needed to get back on track. By October 2012 id re lost the 11kg plus a further 4kg but felt my shape wasnt changing and i really wasnt losing any substantial body fat. So , i decided to go sugar free and also got a personal trainer once a week. From there i really started to see changes and felt so much better. my fitness increased 10 fold and i started to run.I completed a Hire wire ropes challenge with my kids which overcame all sorts of fears!!!
My body fat % started dropping and everything improved, mood swings, energy,nails, hair, skin etc.This was what i needed! So i have just completed two years on MFP reached my goal and have lost a total of 115.5lb (52 kg) and 256 cm off my body. I started at a sz 26 am now a sz 10/12. I also have an article appearing in the NZ Womans Day magazine in the next few weeks telling about my weightloss journey .I do have another earlier success story ( 10lb ago)on here ,feel free to check it out for almost month by month pics . But below are my pre weightloss and now pics. This journey is not over for me and i intend to stay on MFP , help and support my pals to have success in their journeys and find some new fitness goals to strive for .Thanks for taking the time to check out my story.
DSC05599_zpsb91967f8.jpg
DSC05598_zps35caccce.jpg
DSC06019_zpsa2ca640a.jpg
null_zps6e72cc96.jpg
null_zpsfe137742.jpg
null_zpse1a2738d.jpg
null_zps05115e33.jpg
null_zpsdcfa15f0.jpg
null_zps1764305d.jpg

Replies

• KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Smokin! Lol!:flowerforyou:
  • T_ThomasXOXO
    Options
    Congratulations! All of your hard work has paid off!
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker:

wowo aaaaaaaaaaaaaaamazing work!!!
    congrats
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Wow Lady you look hot congrats on your success!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • shoegazer7
    Options
    WOW!!! Omg you are amazing!! You're so inspiring!
  • mjay26
    mjay26 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!! So happy for you Suzi!! You are AWESOME!! :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • 1KiwiChick
    Options
    Wow Lady you look hot congrats on your success!!!!:flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou: Haha , thankyou very much. Best wishes on your own journey!
  • xxfreakyrockxx
    xxfreakyrockxx Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Truly Amazing and inspirational. Best of luck to you. and Congrats!
  • Mama530
    Mama530 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look so happy! What an amazing accomplishment. Very inspiring, thank you so much for sharing.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    Wow. Well done!
  • cleanandlean2012
    cleanandlean2012 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Huge hugs from Sunny Scotland {{{}}} would love to live nearer and go out for a celebratory hike and a coffee! Thanks for intending on sticking around because I know that you would be missed by many!
  • devastation77
    Options
    YAY SUZ! *happy dance*
  • mrshudson813
    mrshudson813 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • misssixty60
    Options
    I am SO happy for you girl!
    24478653.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    Wow girl!!! You look Amazing!! WTG! :)
  • handebwill
    Options
    You are an incredible inspiration. What a transformation. You look so happy and calm and strong in the after pictures. :smile: Absolutely stunning !
  • 007bondage
    007bondage Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making it happen. I didn't know you "before" but I know you now, and you are Awesome! Hugs babe :)
  • 1KiwiChick
    Options
    You are an incredible inspiration. What a transformation. You look so happy and calm and strong in the after pictures. :smile: Absolutely stunning !

Thankyou !!! i feel great, happy , calm and strong just like you say!!
    Thanks also to everyone else above especially my wonderful pals for your kind words :flowerforyou:
  • Genette38
    Genette38 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! You look amazing :-D
  • xWendyJonesx
    xWendyJonesx Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing, thank you for sharing your story with us, it reading success stories like yours that keeps me going.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!