random side effects of losing weight~ what are yours??

Options

Replies

• SRHelicity
    Options
    I used to prefer sleeping on my side with my knees bent but atop each other. Now, I cannot sleep that way -- I either need to sleep with my hips twisted so I'm front-side-down or I need to sleep on my back. Putting my knees together while sleeping on my side hurts! I had no idea there was really that much "cushioning" on the side of my knees, but it's obvious that a small bit of the 35 lbs I've lost has come from fat on the side of my knees. Strange, I know.

I also notice that my joints don't crack nearly as often as they used to. A year ago, my ankles and toes would crack almost every time I stood up from a sitting position on the floor; now, I barely hear any joints "crack" through the day.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    My hips hurt when I am on my side now. Bones are cracking more now when I first get up after strength training.
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I sweat more now than I ever have. I have to take several showers a day because of this.

I have acne!! Worse than ever!!

I love seeing/feeling bones I haven't seen in years.

The seats seem to be harder because of less padding on my tush.

My husband seems ummm... To have grown... We have to explore new positions because the old ones don't work as well. It is rather painful to me.

My clothes are to big, but I refuse to buy new ones until I have to.

The best one by far is feeling smaller, and being more flexible!
  • Epyhon
    Epyhon Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My butt appears bigger according to other people.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I am crossing my legs constantly now -- now that I can.

I no longer hide behind my huge purse when I'm sitting.

I'm not as paranoid about people seeing me from side view. This was a serious issue for me, especially somewhere like a crowded food court.

I stand up straighter now that I don't have to slouch to make sure my tops don't ride up too far.

I've started wearing red lipstick again. It just looks better for some odd reason.
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Too many to list, my life changed. The best one is greater confidence and going from not to hot.
  • Shesaid_destroy
    Options
    decreased libido
    With a body like yours, that's a shame. Just sayin'...:tongue:
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I actually enjoy the heat in the summer. I too, get cold easily and can't seem to stay warm.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Feeling colder when everyone else is complaining about the heat
    My knees hurting sometimes when I sleep on my side
    Having a hard time finding pants. Pants are either too loose in my hips/tight in my waist & vice versa
  • jonjhayden
    jonjhayden Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Riding in a plane is much roomier now. I can cross my legs and I have room to spare in the seat.
    ^^^ This
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • AlwaysInMotion
    AlwaysInMotion Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I have a full suspension mountain bike, which has shock absorbers on it for tackling rough terrain. The suspension was set to my heavier weight. I dropped a few pounds (~20), forgot to adjust the bike, and went for a ride. I hit some chunky terrain, the suspension kicked in, and it pogo'ed me right off the bike. I guess I uttered a "Wheeeeeeee!" as I went flying... Glad it was a soft landing.
  • kelfran1
    kelfran1 Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    decreased libido
    With a body like yours, that's a shame. Just sayin'...:tongue:

I second that!

I find my libido decreased when I was doing Insanity. It was as if I got out all my sweating and grunting all at once in the morning and, while I was more awake and alert all day, I didn't have that restless feeling at night like I wanted to engage in some physical activity before bed. Instead, I was just tired after a full day. Other than that one program, I don't think I noticed a difference in libido with exercise. Someone earlier posted that weights (which I've been wanting to get into) increases libido, so I might have to give that a try...:wink:
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    3. The pictures I post on Facebook suddenly get a lot more likes.

Me, too. :noway:

My feet have, also, shrunk. As has my hands. The gloves I wore last winter didn't make the cut. They kept... falling off. :noway:
  • craigbethluft
    craigbethluft Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm freeeeezing! All the time! And I live in Arizona! I'm ready to move to a tropical climate for sure!

My shoes are bigger too. The most awesome thing is that I feel so much better and don't hurt!

I've gotten addicted to yard sales, Craigslist, and Goodwill for clothes. I'm super good at finding a bargain!
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    ring size shrinking and now my husband will not leave me alone;)
  • dedgjonator
    Options
    Being irritable and having crying fits.
  • Levesque_7
    Options
    weird, but my watch fits better. didnt think i could lose weight in my wrists but i guess anything is possible LMAO
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    my shoes are looser...my tailbone hurts on hard chairs. And I'm COLD a lot. And I can stand much closer to the table at work...had to change my stance for knife work.
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    My earlobes feel smaller. Seriously. More proof that you can't target reduce.