random side effects of losing weight~ what are yours??

Options

Replies

• lavender_fairie
    lavender_fairie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    1. Somebody i saw last week everyday suddenly said, "did you lose weight since yesterday?!" Lol, guess outfits make all the difference.

2. I'm getting even pickier about food. If I give it a "meh," I'm probably not eating it again. There's too much stuff I looove to fool wth "meh" foods.

3. I always smiled at ppl in public, I mostly used to get small if any reactions. Nowadays when I smile at ppl they talk a lot or try to mack. Maybe I need to rework my polite/public/general smile.

4. I didn't need another reason to love cardigans and blankets, but I acquired one anyway. I have them stashed everywhere; it's too cold in the house, outside, in my bed, in stores, everywhere. I jacked up the thermostat to 75 and embarrassed myself the other day.

5. Speaking of embarrassment, I feel very awkward when ppl mention my weight loss unless they know me well. I was randomly accused of being anorexic in my 20's (I wasn't) and I always wonder if ppl are thinking that about me now.

6. The best things: I feel lighter and can get tons more stuff done before I'm tired. I'm Happier and bouncier- like I used to be. I feel like me again, after 7 years. I had forgotten what being the old (young) me felt like.

7. The worst things: the girls are gone, yet I still have size 11 feet. Not fair!
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I love # 10 here!
    My husband says that I have been attracting more male attention, but I haven't noticed that.
    My biggest thing is that despite the synthroid I am on, I am still freezing all the time. And it hurts to sit. Watching kids' performances at school is torture (hard benches). I need to bring a cushion to these things !
    1. Shoe size got smaller - from a size 10 now a 9
    2. New clothes - from size 14 pants, now a 2. Surprises me when I get a size to fit thinking it's too small then I try it on and it's actually too big. How small I've gotten still hasn't caught up with my brain! and new bras. :( byebye girls.
    3. Rings - used to be tight on my ring finger, then moved to my middle finger then pointer and well pointless to have it on my thumb so I'm getting them resized. Pinky ring now goes on my ring finger. LOL
    4. Guys have been getting uh... friendlier. The feeling of being approached and introduced to in a bar/club by cute guys and to be bought a drink. The double takes I get from guys when I walk by. (This never used to happen to me. Always got ignored by guys.) It is so flattering yet makes me feel awkward most of the time!
    5. I can walk anywhere! I used to hate walking. Now I'd walk anywhere, always moving and moving. I don't get easily tired anymore.
    6. Can't sit on my *kitten* for too long, cushion is gone. It hurts.
    7. I am always cold now. Don't sweat anymore unless it's reaaaaaaaaaally hot or I'm working out.
    8. Some women who found out I've lost weight give me nasty looks. Weird.
    9. Normal people put food on their plate and balance it out to their liking, what I see on my plate is protein, fats and carbs. LOL
    10. People take photos of their food to post on Instagram, I do it so I can figure out how to log it on MFP later on.
    11. I now can count how many shots I've drank for a night out. (Well, on most nights. I lose count sometimes :/)
    12. When I eat out, I look at the veggies section first.
    13. Love water. Love love love it.
    14. I've learned to LOVE fruits.
    15. How I can go to the gym and work out and not feel conscious about people staring at me laughing at me.
    16. Loving myself. :)

Anddddd a lot lot more!
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Love this one!

Sorry it happened to you :( But LOL!
    I have a full suspension mountain bike, which has shock absorbers on it for tackling rough terrain. The suspension was set to my heavier weight. I dropped a few pounds (~20), forgot to adjust the bike, and went for a ride. I hit some chunky terrain, the suspension kicked in, and it pogo'ed me right off the bike. I guess I uttered a "Wheeeeeeee!" as I went flying... Glad it was a soft landing.
  • dougt333
    dougt333 Posts: 697
    Options
    decreased libido
    With a body like yours, that's a shame. Just sayin'...:tongue:

I second that!

I find my libido decreased when I was doing Insanity. It was as if I got out all my sweating and grunting all at once in the morning and, while I was more awake and alert all day, I didn't have that restless feeling at night like I wanted to engage in some physical activity before bed. Instead, I was just tired after a full day. Other than that one program, I don't think I noticed a difference in libido with exercise. Someone earlier posted that weights (which I've been wanting to get into) increases libido, so I might have to give that a try...:wink:

Opposite...I find my libido is controlled by how happy I am with the way I look. When I'm in better shape....SHWANG.
  • dougt333
    dougt333 Posts: 697
    Options
    Decreased libido comes from too much exercise, especially too much cardio, so I've read. Apparently weight lifting for around 20 minutes a day, no more, helps libido.

Lifting heavier with fewer reps skyrocks testosterone...so I read.
  • lunula71
    Options
    The negative ones:
    I get cold so easily now.
    When I sleep on my side, I have to put a pillow between my knees because they rub together and hurt!
    All the wrinkles on my face and neck appeared when the fat disappeared. :(

The positive ones:
    EVERYTHING else!
  • MrsCZM138
    MrsCZM138 Posts: 116
    Options
    My hands and feet are freezing all the time now.
    I'm sleepy early even though I'm getting more sleep.
    I already had my wedding rings down sized from 8.5 to 7.5 and they're getting loose again.

But I LOVE buying new clothes and being able to wear anything in my closet now. I also love not worrying about trying on 3 outifits just to find the least objectionable one.
  • bellavita0125
    bellavita0125 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    1) Smaller clothes
    2) I smile a heck of a lot more
    3) Not afraid to post full body pictures on facebook anymore (Before losing the weight I was so afraid of all my friends back home seeing how big I had gotten since high school.
    4) MEN...they flirt.....with ME. hahaha enough said ;)

-down 99.2 lbs-
  • MrsMaisonet14
    MrsMaisonet14 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Decreased libido comes from too much exercise, especially too much cardio, so I've read. Apparently weight lifting for around 20 minutes a day, no more, helps libido.

Yeah I was gonna say when I lost weight mine increased but I was lifting weights too. Thank you for replying with this info. I'm actually starting over again on my weight loss journey so here I go :smile: Good luck and good job to all of you!! :heart:
  • riginthering
    Options
    After I lost 60 lbs a couple years ago, my gallbladder asploded. The doctors said they see it a lot in bariatric patients (who also lose weight super-fast).
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    My biggest are--

being cold all of the time, its quite annoying
    the cost of money i have spent on clothes and having to get rid of some clothes that i like
    being super critical of my old self at times-- looking back at pictures and being highly disgusted
    people telling me that i need to stop losing weight when i still have weight to lose
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    rings dont fit as well now.. need to wrap them in tape.. so annoying
    loose skin (horrrriiiibbbllllllllllleeeeeee)
    weird wrinkly skin if i lean a certain way on my body
  • asianmonkie
    Options
    I can get out of my car when the person next to me parks like *kitten* :D
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    decreased libido
    me too- maybe we are just too tired from working out?
  • jorebkoki
    jorebkoki Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was used to being in the background, so watching my co-workers stare at me all wide-eyed has taken some getting used to !
    But It makes my day every time !:blushing:
  • sherimeadows5
    Options
    My rosacea seems to have cleared itself. I no longer get breakouts I'm guessing because I'm eating better and drinking tons of water. I'll take it!
  • DesdemonaRose
    Options
    The cold thing, though thankfully I'm in CA and it's starting to warm up again :)
    I just noticed the side sleeping knee pains a week or so ago.. hmmm..

the libido comments makes me want to work out harder... cardio.. I'm a single mom and I "aint' got time for that." It be great to have less of a libido!
  • dixieracer27
    dixieracer27 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've noticed the "general public" seems nicer now that I'm smaller, people smile more and talk.
    My desk chair that was too tight is now way too big.
    I have to agree with a few other people on being told that I don't need to lose more weight. It really rubs me wrong, and it's nobody's business.
  • kelfran1
    kelfran1 Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    I've seen so many people on this thread comment about how they are cold all the time now. I actually find that when I am exercising regularly, I'm not as cold all the time. Of course, my goal is health more than weight loss, so I eat more when I work out and I think that helps me thermoregulate. I do notice (whether exercising regularly or not) that when I haven't eaten enough then I get really cold.
  • asianmonkie
    Options
    I've noticed the "general public" seems nicer now that I'm smaller, people smile more and talk.
    My desk chair that was too tight is now way too big.
    I have to agree with a few other people on being told that I don't need to lose more weight. It really rubs me wrong, and it's nobody's business.
    This is very true. I've been working at my job for a year now and no one would ever hold the door for me before. I would hold the door even for guys and they just walk right pass me. Now, people greet me in the morning when I'm getting my coffee and they try to interact with me. Some people didn't even know I even existed until recently. How depressing lol