Comments people have made about your weight?

Options
13»

Replies

• GoodLardy
    GoodLardy Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I always got the "you have such a pretty face if only you'd lose some weight" from family, family friends, friends, family of friends. I don't get that anymore - guess I no longer have a pretty face lol.

This is so mean! But on the bright side, you have a pretty face! My face isn’t so great thin, and as I’ve gained it gotten much worse.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I very slowly went from 300+ down to 160-170s and have maintained it for about 6 years now. Mostly what I get is "you always carried the weight so well, I wouldn't think you had lost over 100? Really? Are you sure!?" and other weird comments along those lines. A lot of my close girlfriends who are all within a similar size range (I'd say every single one of them wears between size 8-14) & say things like "you weren't THAT big before" or "Did you wear plus!?" ummm yeah bish I wore size 26/28 at one point...pretty sure I was considered super plus, thanks. And they all knew me then, too. It's like I'm not able to fully enjoy being smaller because everyone points out that I "looked fine" or "wasn't that big" when that is totally not even the case! My own mother says this also...it's like they are all in denial that I was so fat. To be fair, I always had kind of a big curvy body with thinner face and hands...I'm not that person who went from looking like Honey Boo Boo's mom to being skinny, since I'm still curvy & carry some extra pounds at 5'8"...but come ON...when you lose 130 lb it is a big change!! I honestly never bring this stuff up because I know their comments will freak me out yet again.