• johnslater461
    johnslater461 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Grambo54 wrote: »
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Grambo54 wrote: »
    I have no means of measuring except I feel and see the difference, when I flex, my shape and overall bulk after a 15 pound loss, and I have done this many times before. But It may be I have only put 1 pound on because I havent been doing any heavy leg work. If so, that pound has gone a long way.

Its not just CNS strength gain. I cant quantify how much I think is strength gain, but its no where near as much as the muscle size gain. Perhaps too, because I know what exercises give me personally, the fastest gains, and the reps/sets/ etc to maximise that for me, that helps gain fast.

But the CNS is a really good topic, because it has a huge bearing on how effectively we recuperate from training. Cheers

I am sorry, but "feels" =/= actual results. You are making an assumption rather than making a statement based on actual data. Is there potential that you did gain some muscle? Maybe. But you don't have data to support your actual position. You have no clue if it was muscle gains, increase in blood flow (make you look pump), fat loss, muscle loss, etc...

I am glad you like what you see and have accomplished, but that in no way means you have data to support your position.

Thats the problem here on this forum. You have to have data, proof, verification. Experience means nothing! What you see in the mirror, its subjective, weights in the gym going up, oh just nervous energy, bigger biceps, oh thats easy...pump. I cant believe this. Ive been training for 45 years, 4 years as a competitive bodybuilder and you learn alot doing that. I have way more than just a "clue". You can have your science and data, I'll keep my results!

@Grambo54 you make valid points. I love science and data but in my life ONLY my n=1 has any personal medical validity. When old with failing health waiting 50 years for science and data to evolve is a death sentence.
    FIFY. Personal validity =/= medical validity. Apples, oranges.

I changed it from personal to medical to be more scientifically correct.

Which shows you've entirely missed the point. Finding something personally valid does not automatically make it medically/scientifically valid.

Finding something personally valid Does automatically make it medically and scientifically valid in n=1 trials.

I guess that depends entirely on what your definition of valid is. My n=1 that the earth is flat does not make it so.

Valid = improved health markers in my life.

And many people experience similar improvements in health markers simply from losing weight. This is why the n=1 doesn’t trump direct scientific evidence.

My n=1 results that reduces my risks of a premature death TRUMPS general population scientific evidence if the general population results are not the same as my n=1 results that continues to improve my health markers over time.

The point you are missing is, you can’t be sure that it was your way of eating that caused the improved health markers, and not simply weight loss.

Or spontaneous remission
This discussion has been closed.