How many cups of green tea for weight loss?

Options
I m into calorie deficit ..i m consuminh 1250 calories daily...i also do cardio...but because of slow metabolism i m not loosing weight so thought of green tea...anyone lost weight with green tea?how many cups to have daily for weight loss?

Replies

• ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I m into calorie deficit ..i m consuminh 1250 calories daily...i also do cardio...but because of slow metabolism i m not loosing weight so thought of green tea...anyone lost weight with green tea?how many cups to have daily for weight loss?

Even for those with true diagnosed diseases that are known to lower metabolism, the number difference is surprisingly small.

see the first few posts here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10642346/weight-loss-frequently-asked-questions-infographic-answers/p1 (includes the obligatory flow chart we all know and love)

If you are not losing, you are either very underweight, just starting out/changing routine and seeing short term fluctuations, or eating significantly more than 1250 calories. Most people are truly horrible at estimating portions by eye/spoon..and I mean really, really awful at it. If you've been at this a while and are stalled, get a food scale.

If you tend to be sleepy/slug-like, then caffeine might give you a bit more energy to go do something that will burn some extra calories (ie go for that run or walk instead of collapsing on the couch) or make you more likely to fidget than let your head slump down on your desk, and slightly increase your NEAT. (you won't magically burn a ton of extra calories doing the same activity level, but caffeine might make you more apt to increase your activity level).
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    ..continued: note that my last statement applies to any caffeine source (nothing special about green tea specifically).

Caffeine is also an appetite suppressant (the reason it is marketed as some OTC diet pills), so you might be less hungry on whatever number of calories.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    The only green tea I like are green tea Kit Kats.

As long as I keep them within my calorie limit, I will lose weight. :)

Green Tea Mochi Halo Top was surprisingly yummy. (I'm not a green tea fan.) I can't find it anywhere now.
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »

Six. Go with six.

I think I love you a little bit right now...
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    The only green tea I like are green tea Kit Kats.

As long as I keep them within my calorie limit, I will lose weight. :)

Green Tea Mochi Halo Top was surprisingly yummy. (I'm not a green tea fan.) I can't find it anywhere now.

There's a local Asian grocery store that has green tea Machi ice cream, it's soooo good!!!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I read this news article a couple of weeks ago where this girl ordered green tea from China online. She drinked it as though she was personally responsible for maintaining China's economy. She developed hepatitis from it. I forgot why it gave her hepatitis....because science. But I think there was something else other than straight green tea in those tea bags which was the issue. Ordering things online is always a hit or miss. Especially internationally like that....especially internationally through ebay like she did. :D

Green tea will help you lose weight just like shots of apple cider vinegar (Insert Sarcasm).

This sounds highly unlikely. How does she know it was the tea? Which Hepatitis?
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    You don't have a slow metabolism and green tea does not impact this.

Be careful in these wooish diet ideas. Some time ago I was contacted by the doctor who could not stop his patient bleeding after injecting her with a 24 ga needle (very small needle). After investigating we found that the patient put herself on a green tea regimen and was drinking several cups a day. Green tea contains anti clotting factors and this woman essentially removed her ability to form blood clots.

A friend of mine who works at a hospital here told me a similar story about how one of those ridiculous green tea diets slowed blood clotting in someone who was also taken an oral anticoagulant. It's sad how so many believe that Green tea helps you to lose tons of weight and all those silly diets.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    mmnv79 wrote: »
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    You don't have a slow metabolism and green tea does not impact this.

Be careful in these wooish diet ideas. Some time ago I was contacted by the doctor who could not stop his patient bleeding after injecting her with a 24 ga needle (very small needle). After investigating we found that the patient put herself on a green tea regimen and was drinking several cups a day. Green tea contains anti clotting factors and this woman essentially removed her ability to form blood clots.

A friend of mine who works at a hospital here told me a similar story about how one of those ridiculous green tea diets slowed blood clotting in someone who was also taken an oral anticoagulant. It's sad how so many believe that Green tea helps you to lose tons of weight and all those silly diets.

That will depend on the anticoagulant medication, but yes, coumadin is counteracted by Vitamin K.