many of you need to get over to the gaining weight section!

2»

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Where do we do all this weight lifting, if we can't afford to buy them or go to a gym?

Do bodyweight exercises. Check the free videos at nerdfitness, fitnessblender.com, the Befit channel on youtube, etc. fill small/large water/soda bottles with water, start with cans, etc. Be creative.
    What if what the OP stated is not your goal? I love how he and many others assume we all want that.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Where do we do all this weight lifting, if we can't afford to buy them or go to a gym?

Do bodyweight exercises. Check the free videos at nerdfitness, fitnessblender.com, the Befit channel on youtube, etc. fill small/large water/soda bottles with water, start with cans, etc. Be creative.
    I love You are your own Gym - great app!
  • mssteel90
    mssteel90 Posts: 124 Member

If you dont believe me look at the picture below..

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDlZpWKVYHWXCPHEtzfmo24-tsbF91AZGRf206kdFtzV6TzMAMY6hoH9T9

see you over there!

Yeah, there is no way the first picture is 30% bf and certainly no way the second picture is at 20

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/07/02/body-fat-percentage
  • skinnymalinkyscot
    skinnymalinkyscot Posts: 174 Member
    Love to know how im supposed to lift anything with arthritis in BOTH hands when even lifting the vacuum cleaner is agony and as for washing windows i almost cry with the pain. I will stick to cardio/walking thanks despite the pain in my knees from arthritis in my knees also . I might have to accept getting to skinny fat for the sake of my heart and high blood pressure.
  • mssteel90
    mssteel90 Posts: 124 Member
    I'm going to assume you aren't serious.

Read some of his other threads he's started, unfortunately he is.
    Oh good. One more blow-hard to add to my ignore list.
    I was also going to mention this but I wanted to be sure it was the same guy. The last one I read was super condicending.
  • SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    This is my problem. I don't have much more weight to lose, maybe 5 at most more lbs. I particularly like pilates. I don't like the muscle look on women. Id rather just look thin yet be strong and have a little, muscle definition. But the whole buff looking thing..not my style at all. So don't you think pilates is good enough for what I'm trying to achieve?

I agree.. was discussing this with my husband last night, Don't go for that muscle look at all

Same overe here-when I mentioned weight lifting to my husband he was horrified lol. It's a preference-different people like different things, and there's no right or wrong here :) Me personally, I'm lean and the only exercise I do is brisk walking and 2 miles of slow jogging a week. After losing 50lbs and giving my body some time to adjust, my stomach is flat and my legs are toned from the walking I do. No jiggly parts here! My bmi is 19.7 and I have no idea what my bf% is, don't care either. I'm healthy, feel great, and look pretty darn good too, in or out of clothes ;)
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 900 Member
    Some people legitimately interested in bulking. People who know what talking about should get over to new gaining weight section before broscience takes hold. If brosicence take hold....hulk get mad. You don't want hulk mad!

HUUUUULK.....SMAAAASH!
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Okay...what if you have a naturally muscular built already and just want to lose a bit more fat? I got it from my birth father..short and muscular lol. I'm asking because I'm trying to figure out what I should do.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    the OP's post actually made me laugh when he talked about the jiggly stuff. tee hee...

well i wish i were skinny fat, right now im just fat fat.

HAHA!
  • NonnyMary
    Love to know how im supposed to lift anything with arthritis in BOTH hands when even lifting the vacuum cleaner is agony and as for washing windows i almost cry with the pain. I will stick to cardio/walking thanks despite the pain in my knees from arthritis in my knees also . I might have to accept getting to skinny fat for the sake of my heart and high blood pressure.

Hi - I'm sorry that you are feeling the arthritis, i'm sorry that it hurts.

I hate pain of any kind :( so i feel for you.

i am glad you said what you said though, because right now i can't do much exercise yet, because i am carrying too much weight, swimming is what i do. it seems to be making a huge difference.

If you can find a jacuzzi to sit in, it is a HUGE help. the hot water and bubbles seem to give so much relief, and also seems to take away the stresses of the body.

so i wish to share that with you, its remarkable what a simple thing can do such as you are doing. Take care!
  • Have you all looked at his food diary? He is not someone I would follow as far as eating the right foods....
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Okay...what if you have a naturally muscular built already and just want to lose a bit more fat? I got it from my birth father..short and muscular lol. I'm asking because I'm trying to figure out what I should do.

Do body weight, pilates, so that you'll tone your body as you lose weight. You do not need to lift weights.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    :huh: People who are trying to lose weight should go to the gaining weight section of the forums? No.
    :huh: Most people on here are "skinny fat"? No.
    :huh: People trying to lose weight should do a bulk cycle? No.

That section of the forums is specific and what the OP is suggesting is not appropriate.
  • NonnyMary
    :huh: People who are trying to lose weight should go to the gaining weight section of the forums? No.
    :huh: Most people on here are "skinny fat"? No.
    :huh: People trying to lose weight should do a bulk cycle? No.

That section of the forums is specific and what the OP is suggesting is not appropriate.

i dont mean to gossip but i peeked into his diary which is open and it has way too many calories and way too much sodium and not enough veg and fruit nutrients.

That is a diet not for me.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Do you even lift, op?
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member