whats your biggest challenge? lets discuss

Options
type what your biggest challenge is when it comes to meals or workouts? i will provide some answers! include your goal and how long you have been trying

Replies

• vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I don’t push myself enough. I’ll do 30 mins on the elliptical and call it a day
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I've a torn rotator cuff. Makes upper body work outs difficult
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Going to see my Dr for a referral to a sports medicine Dr. My physio therapist told me it's a big tear. I tend to lower body workouts. Tomorrow I'll be figure skating because I've cancelled physio until further consult with the Dr's. And weight bearing upper body stuff such as planks and push ups are out. Getting so bored
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    I've got a strong core and have back issues from having abused my body my entire life. Thanks for the help but I'm a loss cause haha
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Self-doubt, second guessing, high expectations and body image issues.
  • sardelsa
    Options
    Second guessing my goals, workouts.. I feel like the deeper I get the more critical I am of my progress!

No I don't meditate regularly, a little bit in yoga class once a week.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    haha dont think that way. add me as a friend ill try to send you workouts to do @AliNouveau also progress your therepy workouts

Thanks I'll be ok I've been an athlete my whole life I know how to listen to my body. Just got to the point it's not possible to ignore it.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    This is a workout issue. I recently purchased a pair of 25lb dumbbells and when bringing them in the house I did something to my back and experienced a sharp intense pain. It was sore for a few days depending on what I was doing and I am back to doing my regular weight routine but I am also somewhat afraid of them now :) I figured I would start with just one, for squats and dead lifts, etc. but I tend to tense up just thinking them. Should I give it more time or jump in and work pass the anxiety?
  • sardelsa
    Options
    yeah thats never fun. If you need help when you second guessing and want to bounce ideas of workouts and goals add me as a friend and message. I try and post on my wall fun workouts.
    I try and meditate every day for 10 min. I started at 1 min and slowly increased and stopped at 10 min. I try and think of whats positive and let go of the negative. @sardelsa

Thank you !
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I workout 3 to 4 times a week. This happened as I was trying to fit the weights into the bottom space on my dumbbell rack. I wasn't working out at the time so both bad posture and tight muscles could be to blame. I will give it a little more time and then ease into using them. Never though I would be afraid of dumbbell!!!

Thanks for this posting!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options
    I have this 1200 km cycling event next August, but haven't ridden more than about 30 km in a few months.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Overcoming my childhood psychological damage and much later the loss of our dear son George Paul shortly after birth. It's so easy to open the fridge and stuff my face when I feel down. And it is double awful when I wake up next morning and look into the mirror.....Done 176 days of (mostly) life changing attitude, about 50 pounds down, another 100 pounds or so to go.
  • WobblyYorkshireLass
    WobblyYorkshireLass Posts: 13 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Trying to exercise with multiple problems, including scoliosis, a slipped vertebrae (due to the shape of my vertebrae) and fibromyalgia, to name but a few.