whats your biggest challenge? lets discuss

Options
124»

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    What are your credentials? Specifically please.

Partnering with physiotherapists pain management drs and other drs as a rehap pt

Education? Certifications?
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options

Partnering with physiotherapists pain management drs and other drs as a rehap pt

Certification wise about 25 different ones mainly in posture correction and injury rehab (post pre) bio mechanics then all the nutrition from kids to senior different level. Then coaching cert triathlon cross fit and triathlon. And b.s in kinesiology but not going further cause its useless. Why?

Because when someone is giving advice as a "professional", it makes sense to know what their experience comes from and what their background is. I find it hard to believe you've never been asked this before as it's very common in the medical and fitness world.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

Certification wise about 25 different ones mainly in posture correction and injury rehab (post pre) bio mechanics then all the nutrition from kids to senior different level. Then coaching cert triathlon cross fit and triathlon. And b.s in kinesiology but not going further cause its useless. Why?

So much vague.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    sarjenki wrote: »
    try working with more bands and natural workout like back on the wall raising arms up and down while keeping your whole body on the wall. you can still work with your lactate threshold type workouts. it will hurt but you need to build more muscle around the tear. It will heal and ive worked with a ton of clients to not have surgery and strengthen. stay away from loaded workouts all together but strengthen the spine and core so you dont start developing hip and back issues. It will travel down from the compensation your body is doing @AliNouveau

Not trying to be harsh bc it sounds like you think you are helping, but she did say she was going to see a doctor soon and that the physiotherapist said it was a large tear. So, it's probably best that you let the MD and physio advise her, especially since you haven't even laid eyes on her and have no idea the extent of the injury.
    I'm not sure of your qualifications, and they may be appropriate for all I know, but without having seen her or having any MD recommendations based on actual test results, probably shouldn't develop a workout for her.

Don't worry I'd never take advice from someone on the internet. I've been an athlete my entire life. I know where to get treatment
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,967 Member
    Options

From what country?

• Machka9
    Options

Because when someone is giving advice as a "professional", it makes sense to know what their experience comes from and what their background is. I find it hard to believe you've never been asked this before as it's very common in the medical and fitness world.

And yes i dont hear that much

Really? My husband is recovering from a serious injury and has been working with a lot of different rehab people. That's one of the first questions he asks everyone: "Specifically, what are your qualifications?"
  • Machka9
    Options
    Anyway, you didn't address my question at all. Are you unfamiliar with cycling and endurance sports?

Machka9 wrote: »
    I have this 1200 km cycling event next August, but haven't ridden more than about 30 km in a few months.

• VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    I have a mild version of Ehlers-Dahlos syndrome (hyperelasticity of my tendons/ligaments/joints). While this means that I do not run the risk of over rotation (bench flys - if I let my arms rest they go to the floor - it scares some people, but no medical issue for me), but I do have the fear of snapping my joints as my knees and elbows bend past 180° (about 190° on my knees and 205° for my elbows per me drawing a line on my arm and measuring with a protractor). Any recommendations on how to ensure I don't snap a joint because of the increased range of motion of my joints?
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    VUA21 wrote: »
    I have a mild version of Ehlers-Dahlos syndrome (hyperelasticity of my tendons/ligaments/joints). While this means that I do not run the risk of over rotation (bench flys - if I let my arms rest they go to the floor - it scares some people, but no medical issue for me), but I do have the fear of snapping my joints as my knees and elbows bend past 180° (about 190° on my knees and 205° for my elbows per me drawing a line on my arm and measuring with a protractor). Any recommendations on how to ensure I don't snap a joint because of the increased range of motion of my joints?

Yikes you're super loose. I have been informed I have loose joints which I'm learning are both a blessing and a curse. No advice here just commiserating a bit