1235»

Replies

• mi18agnes
    Options
    I use the trick of drinking water too
  • lisajsund
    lisajsund Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    When I trained for the Des Moines 1/2 marathon in October, I lost 15-16 pounds in the 14 weeks I trained. When I got a body comp done before and after, the vast majority of the weight was fat.
    Running is GREAT for weight loss if you do it the right way.
    This is what worked for me: Eat up to 35% of my daily calories as protein, and I also always ate back all (or at least most) of my calories on every run day.
    Running is not good for weight loss. I have a much harder time losing body fat when my mileage is up than when I'm barely running at all. When you're running you have to fuel the running. The body's acceptable calorie deficit seems to be smaller. Eat the calories you burn from running and create your deficit from your NEAT.

So my advice is eat all your exercise calories when you're running. At least BMR + exercise calories daily.
    I have experienced the opposite. Running has helped me lose, helped me out of plateaus, and is great cardio for a healthy heart.

THIS. Running has increased my overall fitness, toned my legs incredibly and has totally been blasting my fat. I think it depends on each person personally but it has worked miracles for me and it's way more enjoyable than slogging away on a machine for ages to get the same calorie burn!
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others here - running has been a guaranteed plateau buster for me, and a fantastic tool in maintaining very consistent fat loss. I can't say I "enjoy" it, exactly, but I always feel better for having done it, and the positive effects are indisputable.
    I can't even imagine what it would be like to run with a protein shake plus a liter of water in my stomach. :sick:

109439130.jpg