2»

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Did you say you use a food scale?

Check out this thread. It kinda sounds like you.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10697068/how-i-stopped-kidding-myself/p1

I use a food scale for everything. Even the little things. I stopped using measuring cups awhile ago. I'm fairly confident on my logging accuracy.

And you dropped your calories as you lost weight?

First 75lbs-ish lost I ate 1200 calories. Since last week, I raised calorie limit to 1530, but have been about 2-300 calories short of meeting that goal. So my calories have raised an insignificant amount I would say. I know I'm still in a calorie deficit.

Nice. Between the increased exercise and the increased amount of food in your digestive system, that may explain your stall. Sounds like patience is the correct action to take!

Yeah, as I typed that response the light bulb went off. But I was hungry a majority of the time on 1200 calories. So I will just work on heightening my patience level. :neutral:

It's a good thing to slow down as you get closer to goal. It will give you the chance to work on eating habits that will help you maintain the loss. You've done well. Enjoy those extra calories.

Exactly. I shoot for a 250 calorie deficit per day (0.5 lb loss per week). At 5'9, that means I get to eat ~2000 calories per day!

Must be nice to be taller than a smurf. :disappointed:

I just looked at your new profile pic. :laugh:
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Did you say you use a food scale?

Check out this thread. It kinda sounds like you.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10697068/how-i-stopped-kidding-myself/p1

I use a food scale for everything. Even the little things. I stopped using measuring cups awhile ago. I'm fairly confident on my logging accuracy.

And you dropped your calories as you lost weight?

First 75lbs-ish lost I ate 1200 calories. Since last week, I raised calorie limit to 1530, but have been about 2-300 calories short of meeting that goal. So my calories have raised an insignificant amount I would say. I know I'm still in a calorie deficit.

Nice. Between the increased exercise and the increased amount of food in your digestive system, that may explain your stall. Sounds like patience is the correct action to take!

Yeah, as I typed that response the light bulb went off. But I was hungry a majority of the time on 1200 calories. So I will just work on heightening my patience level. :neutral:

It's a good thing to slow down as you get closer to goal. It will give you the chance to work on eating habits that will help you maintain the loss. You've done well. Enjoy those extra calories.

Exactly. I shoot for a 250 calorie deficit per day (0.5 lb loss per week). At 5'9, that means I get to eat ~2000 calories per day!

Must be nice to be taller than a smurf. :disappointed:

I just looked at your new profile pic. :laugh:

It's doesn't look very exciting, until you read it. :bigsmile: