New Rules of Lifting for Women

Options
Anyone currently doing this program??

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Nope. But I've heard it's a good program. I do something more like stronglifts, mostly because of simplicity. My weight room doesn't have much beyond bars and plates.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I did Stronglifts, too.
  • josiereside1
    josiereside1 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing strong lifts but having trouble advancing weights and I figured I would go back to more reps less weight for a bit.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I do Strong Lifts with a few friends at the gym
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing strong lifts but having trouble advancing weights and I figured I would go back to more reps less weight for a bit.

Do you have a set of microplates? They can be very helpful as jumping up 5 pounds at a time gets tough. I got to a point that I had to go one pound at a time.

I didn't do NRLW but the book is a great read. I did Strong Lifts as well, then Ice Cream Fitness, then PHUL.
  • VioletRojo
    VioletRojo Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I did it a few years ago. I found it overly complicated and time consuming. I ran Strong Lifts after that and I'm currently doing Wendler 531.
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    Started again about three weeks ago, so early days.
  • josiereside1
    Options
    castadiva wrote: »
    Started again about three weeks ago, so early days.

How long does it take you to do a workout?
    kami3006 wrote: »

Do you have a set of microplates? They can be very helpful as jumping up 5 pounds at a time gets tough. I got to a point that I had to go one pound at a time.

I didn't do NRLW but the book is a great read. I did Strong Lifts as well, then Ice Cream Fitness, then PHUL.

I don't have microplates. Home gym... cannot really afford to invest anymore into it right now.
  • josiereside1
    Options
    annaskiski wrote: »

Not an active group... last update I see was 2017