Less Alcohol - October 2018 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• shortchange1
    shortchange1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm now a week in AF and I'm wondering how long it will take before the different types of alcohol I've drank will finally fall off my "recents" list of foods in my food log. So far, they're all still there.
  • jhilkene
    jhilkene Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm now a week in AF and I'm wondering how long it will take before the different types of alcohol I've drank will finally fall off my "recents" list of foods in my food log. So far, they're all still there.

I would think as you add more new items you'll see them less. I stopped seeing after a week.. or maybe they are too far down now. I'm going to have to look now :)
  • jhilkene
    Options
    Nope. I don't see any of the alcohol entries anymore. For me, those entries were from last time I used MFP, a few years back.
    I did see them under recents when I started using the app again a few weeks ago, but now they aren't there..
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Day 5 complete with no cravings. Day 6 is underway.

TMI question:
    Anyone else less regular when they don’t drink?

Hmm, can't remember what happened at first, but that does seem likely. When I drank cider a lot, I used to have diarrhea every day.

Things were pretty normal drinking beer and Prosecco while losing weight, though as I got closer to goal instead of 'going' as soon as I got up, it shifted to after breakfast.

Now I'm not drinking so many calories, I have more calories and appetite for food, fruit and veg - lots of fibre - so I go a lot! :smiley:

• jhilkene
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    Day 5 complete with no cravings. Day 6 is underway.

TMI question:
    Anyone else less regular when they don’t drink?

@beka3695 there is ethanol in booze and the ethanol revs up the digestive process, which is why you have the urge to go. Take that away and your digestive system is back to needing good healthy sources to " move".

Now I get @beka3659, because of @MissMay 's response. Yes, I was much more regular drinking. I thought you were talking about menstrual cycle irregularities!
    :lol::blush:

• jhilkene
    Options
    Glad you enjoyed your evening @MissMay !
    Staying in control and setting limits is great!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    jhilkene wrote: »
    Now I get @beka3659, because of @MissMay 's response. Yes, I was much more regular drinking. I thought you were talking about menstrual cycle irregularities!
    :lol::blush:

BHAhahahaha.....I thought the same thing with our woman cycles when I read it early yesterday. And I thought there was no reason to respond since THAT SHIP HAS SAILED for me years ago. Then I read @Orphia post from last night and it clicked.

This is GOOD, keeps us alert and on our toes. ROTFL 😅

And thanks @jhilkene.
    My road has been long and very bumpy especially the beginning of 2018. But I have a firm hold of the reins now and WILL NOT travel down that excessive trail again.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Day 6 - no cravings, but still no pooping
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I am currently detoxing from multiple things and feel like I’ve been hit by a truck. I sure hope this passes soon!!!
  • MissMay
    Options
    Day 6 - no cravings, but still no pooping
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I am currently detoxing from multiple things and feel like I’ve been hit by a truck. I sure hope this passes soon!!!
    Oh gee @Beka3695 I hope your feeling better. Detoxing can take a toll on some people. I have tried fasting in the past several times and it never worked well for me. A three day fast would be brutal and usually one and half days into it I would bail out.
    October and 1 week down. I seem to be copying Septembers same pattern with consumption which is beyond excitable for me.
    Plan is on having AF days right up to Oct 26. That long streak of AF right in the middle of the month has helped considerably.
    Tracking, writing down and planning all keep me in focus.
    I know some people say it is to much work and they don't want to put the energy into having to "think" about not drinking or keeping track of AF days. For me the visual of seeing my AF days verses an adult beverage day is hard fact accountability.

It is Columbus Day here. Still plenty of tourists in town before we go into dormant stage for the Winter.

Enjoy~
  • MissMay
    Options
    @KKHKISHZKH this is awesome news. Control is such a key word. So proud of you. 🤗
  • KKHKISHZKH
    KKHKISHZKH Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    @KKHKISHZKH this is awesome news. Control is such a key word. So proud of you. 🤗

Thanks! :)
  • Bellavita32
    Bellavita32 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    After my Friday night Wine fest I am drinking 0 alcohol... I'm a social drinker so maybe twice a month.. Should be fine...
  • MissMay
    Options
    Hello's go out to @GrahamUK72 and @Bellavita32 .

That is a great streak so far since September 29th. Is that Sober October on MFP or something just going on in UK?

Bella, love your plan already. Any fest can be overwhelming. Glad your in here.
  • MissMay
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @forestdweller1 you have that 😇 - 😈 thing going on. So much credit goes out to you for those 113 days AF.
    P.S. Don't listen to the sushi! Lol

@SpanishFusion way to go on the clean eating. Hope those two weeks fly by fast.