Less Alcohol - October 2018 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    I just got married this last weekend and don’t go on the honeymoon until 11/3. I think I’m going to plan on no drinks until honeymoon. I mean, I can’t be sober for that!!

Congratulations!!!
  • jhilkene
    jhilkene Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    @forestdweller1 I know that feeling.. I'm a green tea junkie now! :p

@CCgal2018 exactly!!

@schmidtty86 congrats!

@Beka3695 Glad you're daughter is safe!! Great job on day 10 ;)

@anothermfpuser that's awesome!!

Hope everyone has a good day!!
  • shortchange1
    shortchange1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Well, on my 12th day and feeling really good. Sounds like everyone else is doing well too and Congratulations on your Wedding Schmidtty86!
  • dkabambe
    dkabambe Posts: 544 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    I am about to commit alcohol sin and pour it down the drain
    :anguished:
    Seriously though, well done! Though if you can't bring yourself to do that then freeze it in ice cube bags/trays and use for cooking when needed.

• Beka3695
    Options
    dkabambe wrote: »
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    I am about to commit alcohol sin and pour it down the drain
    :anguished:
    Seriously though, well done! Though if you can't bring yourself to do that then freeze it in ice cube bags/trays and use for cooking when needed.

My husband did it for me 😊
  • Beka3695
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    Last night out of the blue a married friend couple contacted my husband and I. Omg.... it had been 4 years since we had seen them my husband and I had calculated as soon as we saw the text and before we texted them back.
    Later that night we called them. Hashing over this and that and saying they should come to our town it has been 4 years since they were down this way.

SILENCE on the other end of the phone. What? they said, we saw you two years ago down there. NOoooooo we responded, you have not been here for FOUR years. Well long story short....hubby and I had been out in town two years ago having way to much fun (drinking like fishes going bar to bar). From what we were told by our friends we did all run into each other that night because they had pictures to prove it. And sent them to me.

UGH, SO EMBARRASSING even though I had no idea, no memory what so ever. I told them, well you know I used to drink very heavy. That is a part of my past and I want to make up for that blackout night to you both. They were shocked and tried to assure me I did not drink to much.

I am even surprised they contacted us. My husband is still in denil and says there is no way they were here, because he says we would have remembered. Well...obiously they were here and we were out of control and they have pics to prove it. Maybe I could handle that news better if I were only in my early 20's. But at 55+ it is a hard pill to swallow.

Another reason for me to have less less less alcohol.
    Very thankful for this accountability.

Oh my heart hurts for the two of you. I am so proud of your commitment to drink less.

We lost a set of couple friends bc of our drinking - my husband is in denial about this, too.

Stay strong!!!
  • anothermfpuser
    anothermfpuser Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    ........ It seemed fitting to share the difference between one of the nights that started my experience here, and the same environment and outcome 10 months later. Some may feel like this mindful moderation thing is more work than just abstaining, but for me it works well. I no longer feel like I’m trying that hard, I don’t have the internal debates, don’t look ahead to when my next drink will be, don’t feel guilty if I decide that on a Tuesday night I do want one glass of wine even though it wasn’t my plan, I just adapt the plan.

Sorry for the long post... I’ve been reading along in this thread and the sober squad and I’m so glad that so many are doing well, no matter your approach toward achieving your goals.

Heading out for a day filled with kid activities and planning for a pumpkin beer and some chili later tonight now that fall weather is here. Happy Saturday all!

Great post and congrats!

Yes - agreed - successful moderation is completely / totally possible for those that choose to take that path.. I am one of them as well. For those who have a true addition problem with it are another story altogether. Those (hopefully) are in the Sober Squad and are taking those necessary next steps.

Moderating alcohol is possible the same way moderating donuts are. Had 3 donuts this past week. First donuts I had in years. Probably will be another year or more before I have another.