Maintenance (+/-20#)

Options
nowine4me
nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
edited September 2018 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
This is how it rolls for me. Starting weight 220#, goal weight 135#. Just finished second full year of “maintenance “...if you can call it that.

So far this year.....
Jan-Mar: stayed at 135 (GW)
April - hit UGW 125
June - 130, must be retaining water
July - 135, must be food stuck up in there
August- 140, must be putting on muscle
Today - 144. Oh, must be eating too much

Now, back to the grind. Please tell me this get easier in year 3, because year 3 was certainly NOT a walk in the park.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I’m on that same walk. Hugs
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    This is how it rolls for me. Starting weight 220#, goal weight 135#. Just finished second full year of “maintenance “...if you can call it that.

So far this year.....
    Jan-Mar: stayed at 135 (GW)
    April - hit UGW 125
    June - 130, must be retaining water
    July - 135, must be food stuck up in there
    August- 140, must be putting on muscle
    Today - 144. Oh, must be eating too much

Now, back to the grind. Please tell me this get easier in year 3, because year 3 was certainly NOT a walk in the park.

I hate to ask, because I am only a year in. Are you weighing and measuring food. I am sorry for asking, but I am just curious. Honestly, I am scared Kitten-less of maintanace.
  • Hummingbirdgirl22
    Options
    I’m curious if you can tell a big difference btw 125 and 144? Because it sounds like some of it COULD be muscle maybe. I’m also trying to find my way in maintenance. I started at 161lbs, and kept changing GWs (first 145, then 140, then 135, then 130 and now I’m around 127 with an eye on 125lbs- I do NOT want to go lower than 125 -my lowest before my son was 135lbs in my late 20s but it didn’t look quite as good at 41, so I kept rolling downward) but what I don’t like it you can’t control where you lose... so sometimes I feel disproportionate. Like right now my thighs are bugging me 🙄but I’ve been reading on theses boards a lot (I have read a lot of your posts and find you very insightful and inspiring!), and a few people have talked about how even if they got to an UGW they found it to hard maintain and would gain back some purposely... this has been a worry of mine as well because I am a foodie and I do enjoy my treats. With this in mind, do u want to shoot for 125 again or 135? It makes me wonder if 125 isn’t really realistic for me to maintain if I get there...