Alcohol

Options
13»

Replies

• Blythmag
    Blythmag Posts: 252 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Its not helping me lose weight ultra fast, im steadily losing by less calories but i have noticed my waist/belly is really going down since i stopped drinking.6 weeks today, the longest ive known in my adult life, things just "feel" thinner
  • ata1anta
    ata1anta Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I’ve not stopped but cut down. We have a kegerator so I’d have beers after work. Now I try to make sure what we have on tap is something I don’t like, like an IPA. When we go to the bar, if they have something I like, I’ll have one (unless it’s something I really like), and then drink diet soda. Or I’ll just have a shot of bourbon and sip it.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    So many extra calories in alcohol!!!!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    I love my wine, and don’t plan to give up my nightly glass- but I have started to limit it to one glass a night instead of my usual 1.5-2, because when I drink, I need to eat something, even if it’s after dinner! Why is that? Luckily wine only has 125 calories.
  • happytree923
    happytree923 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I cut back significantly but I probably still drink a lot by some people's standards. I used to have 2ish drinks every night (my parents were nightly drinkers when I was a kid and I thought that is just what one does after turning 21), cut back to weekends only. I build it into my plan now.
  • ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Options
    I've had my ups and downs but I have managed 4 weeks today since my last drink.
    I used to mostly have scotch and soda water with any group or social gatherings or a shot of straight spirit if I was experiencing emotional stress to help me to carry on with life without thinking about it.
    I have realised I was becoming a circle bad circumstances. I feel now more in control.
    Good job to all for finding the strength to keep alcohol in its place.. B):)
  • ElC_76
    Options
    So many extra calories in alcohol!!!!

Very true!! Thanks bringing it to our attention
  • ElC_76
    Options
    Its not helping me lose weight ultra fast, im steadily losing by less calories but i have noticed my waist/belly is really going down since i stopped drinking.6 weeks today, the longest ive known in my adult life, things just "feel" thinner

Great inspirational story, thanks for sharing. =)
  • ElC_76
    Options
    I'm on a "dry October" too - nothing since Sept 17. My doctor gave me hell after my last bloodwork was done, because my liver enzymes were sky high. If I kept on drinking the way I normally did - probably 3 drinks/night, and 5 or 6/night on weekends - he said I'd have cirrhosis within a year. So on Sept 18, I signed up for WW, and stopped drinking. After a two weeks I got back into tracking on MFP as well, and after 3 weeks I dumped WW. And I'm losing weight, 13 lb since Sept 17. Part of my success is the meds my doctor put me on, but an even bigger part is no liquor.

Keep up the good work... your in better days. ;)
  • ElC_76
    Options
    Womona wrote: »
    I love my wine, and don’t plan to give up my nightly glass- but I have started to limit it to one glass a night instead of my usual 1.5-2, because when I drink, I need to eat something, even if it’s after dinner! Why is that? Luckily wine only has 125 calories.

Yes I am the same. I think it's to do with the sugar in alcohol that triggers something in our brain. But If anyone else knows I'm all ears.. ;);)