Surgery

Options
13»

Replies

• Trina2040
    Trina2040 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    r0ck3rgirl wrote: »
    Hey ya'll! Surgery went smooth. Woke up a couple hours ago. It seems they had to remove more bone than anticipated but it went smoothly and so far so good. Thank you all for your answers to my many questions it really helped ease my anxieties leading up to this.

Girl, you're a rock star! Now get yourself strong; rest and recover because you've earned it.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Oh and it turns out I lost 12lbs from my last dr weigh in. That's very good.

Fantastic! Glad to hear all went well. I was just thinking about you.
    Happy healing!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Hey ya'll! Surgery went smooth. Woke up a couple hours ago. It seems they had to remove more bone than anticipated but it went smoothly and so far so good. Thank you all for your answers to my many questions it really helped ease my anxieties leading up to this.

Great update! Thank you. Best wishes for a speedy and uneventful recovery.
  • r0ck3rgirl
    r0ck3rgirl Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Just a quick hello, the first 4 days after surgery were very rough. I couldn't hold down any food or meds so I had chicken broth and veg broth and I walked 5 min every hour or 2. Yesterday I was able to take a little medicine and was up to walking 10 minutes every 2 hours without too much pain. Walking is the only thing I'm allowed to do but it seems to be getting easier fast. Have stayed off the scale because I can tell I have swelling.
  • r0ck3rgirl
    r0ck3rgirl Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I may go for a bit of comfort food today now that I can eat. I'm not actually worried about calories at all at the moment. I am more worried about food that will soak up some medicine. Like rice.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I may go for a bit of comfort food today now that I can eat. I'm not actually worried about calories at all at the moment. I am more worried about food that will soak up some medicine. Like rice.

The first 3 or 4 days are usually the worst. You should start feeling a bit better each day. Are you home now? Rice, dry toast, lean meats, potatoes, eggs, applesauce, and broths should all be pretty gentle on your stomach and help with med absorption. Great to hear that you're getting up and moving around. It's so important. Thanks for updating us!