JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS - ROUND 55

Options

Replies

• abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @LeafyPoo I had the same issues when I started loosing weight too. A big fear of excess skin but it didn't end up turning out as bad as I had imagined it would have. I was a short (5'5) girl at 230 and as I lost the weight and once I got comfortable I started uping my weight training. It helps a lot to build muscle to replace where the fat had been, which will fill out where the excess skin might be, I aimed to be more muscular then toned. I don't mean muscular as in bulked like a man or like a female body builder, I mean just more defined with muscle. Just pay attention to your transformation as you continue your journey. If you do it slowly and right then the excess skin might actually not be a problem at all...but if you notice a loosening then just up your weight training and build more muscle. You are getting healthier and that's first and foremost but you also need to feel confident in your own body and working hard just to end up seeing bad results can play on your mind, no matter how hard you try to not let it bother you. It sucks but it's also honest and realistic. Muscle definition will look better and feel better as well
  • FarmerCarla
    FarmerCarla Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    LeafyPoo wrote: »
    Still truckin'. Staying under my goals, not feeling hungry. Drinking more water. Went for a walk with my mom and my son <3. Today was the first day that has felt like fall and I loved it!

Something that's been on my mind and I'm stressing about is the idea of loose skin. The thought of working so long and hard on losing weight, only to have loose skin all over my body and still hate how I look terrifies me to my core. I can't imagine that I would ever have the money for a body lift so it's not as simple as "just get surgery if you have loose skin". I keep thinking to myself "I'd rather just be fat than to work so hard and still be left with something that makes me unhappy with my appearance" but then I try to remind myself that it's not all about looks. It's about being healthy. Not getting diabetes (which runs heavily in my family). Being able to run around with my son more. Being able to walk distances without my legs and feet killing me.. If anyone has something informative or uplifting in regards to this, I would appreciate hearing it. <3:(

For significant weight loss, you may qualify for "reconstructive surgery" (not plastic surgery) from your insurance company. Here are videos addressing how to go about getting insurance to cover proceures after significant weight loss: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjLLLXdWwKA and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5QY4ZKLC_A

Don't let loose skin hold you back!

• deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,949 Member
    Options
    ssssanaaaa wrote: »

10/11- 184.9
    - had whole grain pasta last night. Was just as delicious as regular pasta AND it didn't lead to an upwards weight fluctuation! Yay! Hopefully I can reach my 184.0 goal by the end of the challenge! Also I finally tried cauliflower rice (below)! Was delicious!

m7pucx1ar55r.jpg

Thanks for sharing the pic. It looks delicious. I like all the pre-bought flavors with my favorite being Cauliflower rice risotto. Fresh is great, but can be expensive during certain times of the year. In my area, it is actually cheaper to buy the frozen for the same quantity and something just isn't right about that. Anyway, I'm glad you found the tip helpful. I want your dinner for tonight LOL !

Don't forget to try zoodles sometime. I bought a little machine for 15 dollars that gives me 3 choices of blades and I zoodle up the zucchini in seconds fresh. You can also buy that frozen but it is way way cheaper to do your own ANY time of year as the frozen zoodles cost more than the rice. Make it with marinara, or marinara in meat sauce. I also premake meatballs and freeze them so I can grab a few to make zoodle spaghetti and meatballs. You can make a big batch up and precook it for the freezer, or just make it as you go. At some point I am going to try the zucchini in a lasagna with the zucchini being the noodles. I just have to figure out how to get it to not water up so much. Any tips anyone has on that would be helpful. I have already bought a mandolin to slice the zucchini.

• jerier
    jerier Posts: 384 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @tiabirdie56 Sweet peppers! OMG, I've got to try your version. Thanks! Get your sleep. As much as I miss your posts and wisdom, your health is much more important to me.

@LeafyPoo I weighed 210 while pregnant with my eldest and 205 with my youngest. At 5'3.5" that is a significant amount of body fat; I was carrying around another me. Diabetes runs in my family as well as numerous types of cancer, hypertension, and heart disease. Loose skin was and is the very least of my concerns.

Hydration is super important for your skin as well as the rest of your body. Healthy fats, vitamin B12, and minerals are essential for healthy skin.
    Collagen stimulation will increase the integrity of your skin. This can be as simple as dry brushing your body before showering. It's also a healthier way to exfoliate than commercial scrubs which have unnecessary chemicals.
    Increased circulation moves lymph (intercellular fluid cells excrete byproduct/waste into via osmosis) along faster to be cleansed by the lymph nodes and spleen. Clean lymphatic fluid = healthier/cleaner cells = healthier skin and you. Increased circulation also leads to greater oxygen availability for cells. Another reason to exercise, take the stairs, or park farther from the store entrance. :)

Drastic weight loss, due to long term extreme calorie/nutrient deprivation, will increase the probability of looser skin, hair loss, skin rashes, bowel problems, dehydration, bone loss, tooth decay, and a whole list of health issues.

Once you've reached and maintained your goal for a year, reassess your body to see if you are truly dissatisfied with the condition of your skin. If so, there is a minimally invasive procedure which can tighten the skin, approximately 30%, by stimulating collagen production. It's called Profound.
    https://syneron-candela.com/na/product/profound
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,949 Member
    Options

I have so much catch up reading to do on this thread. I've been so tired that I fall asleep while reading.

It is sacrifices like yours that will eventually lead to the cure. A great big thanks from the women, men, and families who are all affected.❤❤❤❤❤
  • FarmerCarla
    FarmerCarla Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    liann1970 wrote: »
    liann1970 wrote: »
    Hi! First time for me doing this, but love the idea!
    47 yr old, 5'7", Female looking to get healthy again

10/10 - 172 - had a good eating day overall but didn't take lunch to work so bought salad instead and didn't get enough protein and fat. I made up for it with a homenade avocado cole slaw for dinner

The avocado cole slaw sounds interesting. Are you on a low carb plan? I'm still learning.

Hi! I am on a modified Keto plan. I can't eat enough to do the full Keto so I just tweak my macros from what FitnessPal recommends. The Avocado Coleslaw is easy to make and yummy! I use one small avocado, some bagged coleslaw mix (1.5 cups) and add about a tablespoon of olive oil mayo, just enough to mix everything. If I need more fat, I add raw sunflower seeds, about 1/4 cup.

Thank you, Liann. I love the idea of adding the sunflower seeds, too! I just remembered I have some in the refrigerator. I know what I'm having for lunch. :)
  • jerier
    jerier Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    @quiltingjaine My pleasure

@deepwoodslady You're very welcome. 5 minutes before showering is all it takes. Your skin will thank you. Profound is an interesting procedure. Happy reading.