Lose 20lbs by Feb 1st Accountability Buddies

Options

Replies

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    I am in! I am down over 50 pounds, about 70 to go. 20 by Feb 1 seems doable!
  • 73CL350
    73CL350 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    @brightsideofpink ... I LOVE frittata ... does it microwave well ? My re heat options are limited at work, and I thought eggs got weird in the microwave (never tried that I can recall)
  • HeathieM
    HeathieM Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Ive been logging consistently for two months and i'm not losing weight. I started on June 28 @ 213, took a few weeks off in early August then started back up.. weighed myself yesterday and im 212.

I get discouraged really easily so i was staying off the scale... and i'm super bummed that i'm still basically the same weight as I was when i started : (

I guess i just eat too damn much! My average is about 1600 calories and i go to the gym twice a week and move around the other days doing housework and yardwork. I wish that was working because it seems reasonable and i'm not hungry but it's just not. Ugh it's so discouraging!!
  • Demander2015
    Demander2015 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am in! I have already lost 82lbs so far. I am around 30 lbs from the weight I want to achieve. However, lately, I have been having real problems with my weight. If I do hard exercise or eat too less, I end up in a binge bust cycle. If I decrease the intensity or increase calorie intake, I plateau. This is a recent problem and I really just need more motivation. I hope this will help.
  • Scoops1249
    Scoops1249 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My struggle is my lack of exercise- I can fit in 20-30 min a few days a week but that's usually it, between work and kids. The food I eat isn't helping either...
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    73CL350 wrote: »
    @brightsideofpink ... I LOVE frittata ... does it microwave well ? My re heat options are limited at work, and I thought eggs got weird in the microwave (never tried that I can recall)

Yes, surprisingly well! 30-40 seconds. I was a bit worried because I forgot to put milk in the fritatta and thought it would be dense and rubbery, but it was perfect, fluffy, and has reheated very well. I may freeze the last two portions though because it can get a bit tedious.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @Scoops1249 - You can do this! You can actually lose weight without exercising. I know a couple of people that are doing that right now for health reasons. You can win the weight loss battle by weighing/measuring your food, logging it all, and sticking to a daily calorie goal. Hang in there!

@brightsideofpink - Quiche also reheats well. I made a quiche last week (spinach instead of a crust; eggs, mushrooms, onions, feta cheese), and pieces got reheated the rest of the week.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    @Heather_Norwood ...the ugly truth no one wants to say: if you're not hungry at least some of the time, you're eating too much : (

It's lunch time for me... I had an 800 calorie deficit yesterday so today I get extra meat. The pre-planned lunch worked perfect as my office mate is eating burger king.

ybzwkq2pv2w9.jpg

That looks pretty good and filling! And your office dinner plates are way cuter than ours here. Unfortunately for me I have to avoid all tree nuts- my son has a life-threatening allergy.
  • HeathieM
    Options
    @Heather_Norwood ...the ugly truth no one wants to say: if you're not hungry at least some of the time, you're eating too much : (

Well im hungry before i eat. I don't eat when i'm not hungry. But im not going to bed hungry and im not still hungry after i have eaten...

But yeah im obviously still eating too much : (
  • HeathieM
    Options
    Scoops1249 wrote: »
    I'm in! My struggle is my lack of exercise- I can fit in 20-30 min a few days a week but that's usually it, between work and kids. The food I eat isn't helping either...

I struggle with that too and i think my eating would be okay if i could create a bigger deficit through daily walking or something like that...

My Fitbit broke and i'm thinking about getting a new one just so i can shoot for a step goal that will make me walk more.
  • 73CL350
    Options
    @brightsideofpink ... I brought it as home specifically so the food would photograph better... So thank you for noticing!

My nephew has a nut allergy, but not as serious as your son's. So sorry for you two : (

@Heather_Norwood ... well now you have a great group of friends to vent at when the hunger starts to ramp up!
  • HeathieM
    Options

@Heather_Norwood ... well now you have a great group of friends to vent at when the hunger starts to ramp up!

lol because it will if i start eating less, which apparently is the missing link here! I'll stop eating back my exercise calories and stick to my calorie goal, i think... i hope it works! *fingers crossed*
  • lcdreams
    lcdreams Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    i am so in - if i can stay on point. i have trouble staying with a diet and tracking my food more than 2 days. and, i'm addicted to sugar. i'll try.
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I'm in! I can really use some motivation!

My beginning stats:
    230 as of Oct 1st
    Goal Feb 1st: 210

Currently at work I park so that have to take the steps to my desk, I know i am awful at getting enough water, and a regular eating schedule. I was doing well at walking daily until spring when it rained...and...never...stopped... :#
  • Jabeth87
    Jabeth87 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Definitely in! 20 by Feb is such a good goal... a realistic and attainable rate of loss. Of course... I say that, but then why have I never been able to do it?!
    Anybody else have that problem? I have a big loss and then plateau and lose motivation?

So far October has been awesome for me- hoping to keep the momentum going!
  • 73CL350
    Options
    @Jabeth87 ... for me, Imthe only way i can stay with it is if i set a grand prize at the end. Something to think about how much i want it more than :: insert temptation here ::