Lose 20lbs by Feb 1st Accountability Buddies

Options

Replies

• brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the little one @73CL350 . I remember those days. The upside for me though was that I was a nursing momma so I had extra calories for those snacks.

No photos of my lunch today- bunless five guys burger today. Comfort food in the cold rain, and I can squeeze it in if I keep dinner reasonable and skip my pm snack.
  • pjmfitforme
    pjmfitforme Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am in! 5 pounds a month sounds reasonable-the holidays will be a challenge
  • flutterby_quartz
    flutterby_quartz Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    de8p53uc0qcz.jpg

I've been using this (as well as logging here) to give me a visual representation of what I've lost or gained each week if it's of any help to anyone

That's great! I think I might print and use this too! So motivational 😄
  • Laura1268
    Laura1268 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • flutterby_quartz
    flutterby_quartz Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    pennyphoo2 wrote: »
    My starting weight is 181
    My downfall are always the weekends. 😣

Yes! Same here, my husband likes to eat out on weekends so it’s very tempting to give in. Plus I have a major sweet tooth at night for chocolate. I need to find a recipe for something sweet but low in calories.

Hey, have you tried "nice cream"? If you use a little natural cacao powder with whatever fruits you choose (stay away from too much banana if low sugar- stick to berries and the frozen almond milk cubes) it tastes like chocolate ice cream! I usually freeze cubes of almond milk (I like the taste but I guess you could normal milk) and then put in blender with frozen raspberries/mixed berries/sometimes a bit of avocado and a few drops of vanilla extract. Tastes good on a hot day! I actually prefer it to ice cream. There's loads of recipes out there!
    Also, have you tried energy balls? Most are super easy, no bake, quick and only have 4 or 5 ingredients. Again, there's loads of recipes out there of varying degrees of healthy/ low or higher cal depending on your goals.
    Hope this helps! x
  • 73CL350
    73CL350 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Hooe everyone is staying strong this weekend and weighing their portions ...

Portion control is the key!!
    var5v43i5y0k.jpg
  • Tatummfp
    Tatummfp Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join you guys (late to the party as usual.) I'm currently not logging, but I am cutting back what I eat. I lost 70lb in 2016 and I gained most of it back.

Today's weight 229
    Feb 1st goal 209
    Final goal 179
  • MissTeriAnn
    MissTeriAnn Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    pennyphoo2 wrote: »
    My starting weight is 181
    My downfall are always the weekends. 😣

Yes! Same here, my husband likes to eat out on weekends so it’s very tempting to give in. Plus I have a major sweet tooth at night for chocolate. I need to find a recipe for something sweet but low in calories.

Hey, have you tried "nice cream"? If you use a little natural cacao powder with whatever fruits you choose (stay away from too much banana if low sugar- stick to berries and the frozen almond milk cubes) it tastes like chocolate ice cream! I usually freeze cubes of almond milk (I like the taste but I guess you could normal milk) and then put in blender with frozen raspberries/mixed berries/sometimes a bit of avocado and a few drops of vanilla extract. Tastes good on a hot day! I actually prefer it to ice cream. There's loads of recipes out there!
    Also, have you tried energy balls? Most are super easy, no bake, quick and only have 4 or 5 ingredients. Again, there's loads of recipes out there of varying degrees of healthy/ low or higher cal depending on your goals.
    Hope this helps! x

I haven’t but I already have the vanilla extract, frozen almond cubes and cocoa powder:) today we are going grocery shopping so I’ll pick up some frozen berries. It sounds delicious:) thank you!
  • MissTeriAnn
    MissTeriAnn Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Calorie control has been good for the most part this week. I’ve gone over a little bit not too much. 1200 a day is super hard but I try to do 4 meals 300 each. It’s the little things that pack on the calories like a tablespoon of butter or 3 tablespoons of coffee creamer.. I worked out Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and skipped Thursday and Friday. My weight has been going up and down from 160 to 159. I know if I really want to lose more weight I need to exercise more. My husband ordered the T25 DVD set. It comes in the mail tmw. In all honesty I’m not too excited about it because I know I’ll be sore after and probably all week lol. Tomorrow is weigh in for me!:)
  • HeathieM
    HeathieM Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is weigh in for me!:)

Me too! Im kind of excited because i had a good week.. sounds like you did too! I also found eating more frequent smaller meals to be helpful..
  • HeathieM
    HeathieM Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    73CL350 wrote: »
    Hooe everyone is staying strong this weekend and weighing their portions ...

Portion control is the key!!
    var5v43i5y0k.jpg

It IS key! So true!
  • kitscats1563
    kitscats1563 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Can I still join at this late date? Just signed up today on mfp. Sounds reasonable 20 lbs by the 1st of February. I'll have my first weigh-in tomorrow morning and then I'll post it on here sometime afterwards.

Will post my stats on here every week on Sunday. However, I'm not able at this time to do the exercise part. I have physical limitations with walking and only walk a little bit inside my home. I use a power wheelchair to get around outside my home. I've been trying to lose weight for years and have lost a little over 100 lbs and I have about 100 lbs more to go.
  • gleah1
    gleah1 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Please count me in!
  • izzyk22
    izzyk22 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’m in!
    SW 135
  • JuliBiGoolee
    JuliBiGoolee Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Can I still join at this late date? Just signed up today on mfp. Sounds reasonable 20 lbs by the 1st of February. I'll have my first weigh-in tomorrow morning and then I'll post it on here sometime afterwards.

Will post my stats on here every week on Sunday. However, I'm not able at this time to do the exercise part. I have physical limitations with walking and only walk a little bit inside my home. I use a power wheelchair to get around outside my home. I've been trying to lose weight for years and have lost a little over 100 lbs and I have about 100 lbs more to go.

You're welcome join at any time! Exercise is not required, whatever works for you! This is simply an end weight goal, helping to get us through the holidays and stay accountable, motivated, and support each other.
  • JuliBiGoolee
    Options
    Considering I spent the entire day at playoffs in a pool hall...i succeeded in meeting my caloric goals. Technically i went over by ONE calorie lol. But instead of ordering fried crap...i smuggled in beef jerky, almonds and protein bars. Looking forward to weigh in tomorrow.
  • JuliBiGoolee
    Options
    Sw: 211
    Day1: 204.4
    W1: 206.7
    W2: 203.6
  • MyLilBeau
    MyLilBeau Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    JuliBiGoolie
    I just agreed to one other challenge to lose 14lb by Xmas but Im willing to accept your challenge too 🙋
    Here's to staying accountable to MFP family and Myself 😊
  • Tatummfp
    Tatummfp Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Paul, I hope you know that I now expect you to post a pic of your every meal. My meals look like a heap of garbage next to yours. You've set the bar high. Lol
  • 73CL350
    73CL350 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    14 days in:

SW 186
    CW 179.4

I cut carbs so lost ot water weight lost. Estimating 1.5 lbs of fat lost