How do you deal with alcohol?

Options
124»

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I will drink what I want to drink without logging as I usually throw it all up that night anyhow (not on purpose haha). Same goes for the fried bar food that comes with it.
  • UndercoverAngel74
    UndercoverAngel74 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    If you do not remember, the calories do not count. :smile:
  • Sweetestthing87
    Sweetestthing87 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I keep it to Friday/Saturday evenings. Usually vodka with club soda as others have mentioned. Around football season, I drink beer, I suppose I just need to step up my cardio on game days! :)

If I drink during the week, I will enjoy a nice glass of red, easy to log. The funny thing is I don't drink as much as I use to. Oooh, and I drink a lot of water in between drinks. Stay hydrated.

**Avoid the tipsy eating** That is where most of the danger lies in drinking IMO! Cheers! :drinker:
  • dawn_h_d
    dawn_h_d Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I drink Vodka with Club Soda and Lime. Clear alcohol is better than dark as far as calories go. I LOVE my whiskey so I keep that in check.

Check out Jim Beam - Jacob's Ghost. Smooth and yummy - on the rocks and it's a sipper.

I am still working on the alcohol thing - 3 drinks and I am in the bag. The only days I have gone over are the days I do drink. I think it's something that I will have to learn how to even out as I lose weight.
  • plantboy2
    plantboy2 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    If you do not remember, the calories do not count. :smile:

^ That's my mantra

Or just stick to class A drugs. Zero calories, so they have to better for you, right?
  • sophayz
    sophayz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    when i go out and drink i just make sure i dance most the calories off :P ahaha
  • kevinjb1
    kevinjb1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    This reminds me I need to get some more rum.

tumblr_ln25f2aToh1qkdccno1_500.gif
  • bdeezy3396
    bdeezy3396 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I switched to Vodka, but the wife says I'm not as much fun as I was on beer!!!!
  • vicksg1973
    Options
    It's quite an emotive subject isn't it?!

There are a lot of self-righteous responses to any post about alcohol. Why can't people just accept that everyone's different, and respond to the question they asked rather than judging them?

I saw a post from a student asking for advice and someone told them to stick to 1 or 2 drinks once a week. Hello!! They're a student!!

I have a lifestyle that revolves around drinking. Yes I drink quite a lot and yes that probably contributes to my weight. And I realise it's not healthy. But do I have a drinking problem? No. Is anyone perfect? No.

Rant over and to answer your question OP. I try not to drink beer anymore. It's just too delicious and full of calories. Spirits and diet mixers are good but they have little effect on me so I mainly drink wine.

Most importantly, I only allow myself to drink when I have exercised and 'earned the right'. Which makes a massive difference.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I drink it :drinker:, and still remain within my goals.
  • scottcharl
    scottcharl Posts: 133
    Options
    Monitor it using your diary and don't cheat!