spaghetti squash

2»

Replies

• Kimmotion5783
    Kimmotion5783 Posts: 417 Member
    Great question! I love spaghetti squash; there's so much you can do with it (besides substitute pasta). You can make them into hash browns for a reduced-carb substitute. You can make BBQ sliders out of it by mixing it with BBQ sauce, place on a slider bun with some lettuce and onion. You can bake it with broccoli and cheddar, or eggs and avocado slices as a breakfast dish. You could use it as a lo mein and add veggies and low sodium soy sauce. Could also work for stir fry I bet. Spaghetti squash would work well in pad thai. You could also do baked pasta dishes with it (instead of using regular pasta, use the spaghetti squash). It would work just as well.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    I'm so boring with my squash. Quartered, then thin coat of olive oil on the fleshy bits, sprinkle of salt and pepper and bake. Occasionally as a soup ingredient, and I love roasting the seeds.
  • Lacey8685
    Lacey8685 Posts: 8 Member
    I had it today with chicken tikka masala on it, instead of rice.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    I tried spaghetti squash for the first time this weekend. I was reluctant to try it because I am not a fan of other squashes. I thought it was delicious! I can see how there could be many flavor possibilities. This was one of the most interesting recipes I saw: https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a22552880/spaghetti-squash-cheesy-bread-recipe/
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    I like to dice up tomato and onion and bake, season with salt and pepper and bake until tomatoes blister. You could also sautée this too. Put this on your spaghetti squash with some melted cheese and it's pretty yummy.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    I like adding it to a bowl of soup or vegetarian chili. It bulks it up and makes it more filling for very few additional calories. My kids love it with baked potato toppings--plain Greek yogurt, bacon bits, scallions and S&P.
  • Tennisskater
    Tennisskater Posts: 66 Member
    roast with salt and pepper around 400 so it caramelizes- I toss with kale and blue cheese crumbles
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Great question! I love spaghetti squash; there's so much you can do with it (besides substitute pasta). You can make them into hash browns for a reduced-carb substitute. You can make BBQ sliders out of it by mixing it with BBQ sauce, place on a slider bun with some lettuce and onion. You can bake it with broccoli and cheddar, or eggs and avocado slices as a breakfast dish. You could use it as a lo mein and add veggies and low sodium soy sauce. Could also work for stir fry I bet. Spaghetti squash would work well in pad thai. You could also do baked pasta dishes with it (instead of using regular pasta, use the spaghetti squash). It would work just as well.

Love some of these ideas. Can't wait to try some of these!
  • ktimperley2
    ktimperley2 Posts: 3 Member
    Cut it in half. Scoop out the stringy part. Drizzle with olive oil and Penzey's Fox Point spice. Roast. It's amazing.
  • iowalinda
    iowalinda Posts: 354 Member

Wow, I am in awe of what you do with spaghetti squash! How does the taste compare to potatoes in hash browns? Can't even imagine it substituted for a slider - what is that taste like?
  • MaikeO1977
    MaikeO1977 Posts: 13 Member
    5k9futriodbo.jpeg
    Spaghetti squash, browned ground turkey with onion and pine nuts and spices, 2 tbsp salsa, 2 tsp Parmesan.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Hot sauce goes good on EVERYTHING, including spaghetti squash.
  • 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    MikePTY wrote: »

oh no, I don't do hot sauce.....
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    2baninja wrote: »
    MikePTY wrote: »

oh no, I don't do hot sauce.....

:(. I'd put hot sauce on my hot sauce. That's how much I love it.