Cheat days calories

Options
How much calories do you eat in a cheat day

Replies

• angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I don't usually log on cheat days but as of this week I'm going to start what I've done is added quick calories to my cheat day until it balances my other days out so I'm allowed about 3k on my chest day due to having low cal the rest of the week makes my daily average about 1500 Cal's
  • stewarm01
    stewarm01 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I've had 5000 before.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I don't track and I don't call them cheat days, but on my refeed days I'd say around 2500-3000 cals right now.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

However many calories I've managed to save up for it.
    I usually eat whatever I want and fit it into my day. But if I know I have something coming up where i will be indulging, I save up calories (maybe 100 or 150 a day) for it and make a reasonable effort to stick to them.

There is no magic behind a cheat day, but if having a day where you eat more every week helps you stick to plan or have extra energy, go for it, but you have to make sure you don't blow your weekly deficit in that one day. Those calories still count!
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I don't have "cheat" days. I just enjoy what I want every day within my calorie limits.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Options
    I don't cheat (I hate that expression when referring to a diet/way of eating >:) )
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

I usually eat whatever I want and fit it into my day. But if I know I have something coming up where i will be indulging, I save up calories (maybe 100 or 150 a day) for it and make a reasonable effort to stick to them.

There is no magic behind a cheat day, but if having a day where you eat more every week helps you stick to plan or have extra energy, go for it, but you have to make sure you don't blow your weekly deficit in that one day. Those calories still count!

^basically all of this...
  • angelsja
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

Which is what I'm doing saving calories m-f then eating what I want sat/sun except I'm logging it this time instead of thinking we'll f**k today is out the window may as well not log
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    angelsja wrote: »

Which is what I'm doing saving calories m-f then eating what I want sat/sun except I'm logging it this time instead of thinking we'll f**k today is out the window may as well not log

84qxyxiq843r.jpg

This is more what a properly calorie-cycled week should look like. You are basically starving yourself several days in order to binge. Your net is still too low. If you bumped calories up some on those super low days to meet your weekly goal instead of coming in at an average of 991 calories per day, it would be a bit better.
  • angelsja
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »

f6a4jifpacj5.jpg

This is more what a properly calorie-cycled week should look like. You are basically starving yourself several days in order to binge. Your net is still too low. If you bumped calories up some on those super low days to meet your weekly goal instead of coming in at an average of 991 calories per day, it would be a bit better.

I'm just not hungry 🙈 I'm eating 3 times a day. Exercise is a combo of walking the dogs, stationary bike and hasfit workouts
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Side question - Do you use a food scale?
  • angelsja
    Options

Side question - Do you use a food scale?

Yes meticulously just had to replace the batteries in it this morning 😒