quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    angelsja wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    kimny72 wrote: »
    How much calories do you eat in a cheat day

However many calories I've managed to save up for it.
    I usually eat whatever I want and fit it into my day. But if I know I have something coming up where i will be indulging, I save up calories (maybe 100 or 150 a day) for it and make a reasonable effort to stick to them.

There is no magic behind a cheat day, but if having a day where you eat more every week helps you stick to plan or have extra energy, go for it, but you have to make sure you don't blow your weekly deficit in that one day. Those calories still count!

^basically all of this...

Which is what I'm doing saving calories m-f then eating what I want sat/sun except I'm logging it this time instead of thinking we'll f**k today is out the window may as well not log

Side question - Do you use a food scale?

Yes meticulously just had to replace the batteries in it this morning 😒

Thanks. Just wanted to confirm you were actually eating significantly under 600 calories multiple days a week. :noway:

• angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options

I usually eat whatever I want and fit it into my day. But if I know I have something coming up where i will be indulging, I save up calories (maybe 100 or 150 a day) for it and make a reasonable effort to stick to them.

There is no magic behind a cheat day, but if having a day where you eat more every week helps you stick to plan or have extra energy, go for it, but you have to make sure you don't blow your weekly deficit in that one day. Those calories still count!

Which is what I'm doing saving calories m-f then eating what I want sat/sun except I'm logging it this time instead of thinking we'll f**k today is out the window may as well not log

Thanks. Just wanted to confirm you were actually eating under 600 calories. :ohwell:

Erm no I'm eating 1230 min per day just my exercise is making my net low :/
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

Thanks. Just wanted to confirm you were actually eating under 600 calories. :ohwell:

You're meant to eat those calories back, too.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Wow! How much exercising are you doing to get over 600 exercise calories in a day?!? That's crazy, like running a half-marathon crazy.
  • angelsja
    edited October 2018
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »

Iam at the weekend but there are plenty of people who don't touch them at all
  • angelsja
    Options

Wow! How much exercising are you doing to get over 600 exercise calories in a day?!? That's crazy, like running a half-marathon crazy.

School walk 2 times a day 5mile walk 30mim stationary bike and hasfit workout which varies day to day
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

Iam at the weekend

No you're not - your net daily calories for the week is 991. You could add 500+ calories to your 3 lowest days and THEN you'd be close.
  • angelsja
    Options

Iam at the weekend

No you're not - your net daily calories for the week is 991. You could add 500+ calories to your 3 lowest days and THEN you'd be close.

I might still eat more on Sunday I did those quick calories 2 days ago my net had gone down since then since I've done more exercise
  • quiksylver296
    edited October 2018
    Options

School walk 2 times a day 5mile walk 30mim stationary bike and hasfit workout which varies day to day

Interesting. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around how you don't freak out and eat all the thingz. I'd be ravenous.

How quickly are you losing weight? How much have you lost so far? How much more do you want to lose?

How many actual calories are you eating in a day, instead of net?

• angelsja
    Options

Interesting. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around how you don't freak out and eat all the thingz. I'd be ravenous.

How quickly are you losing weight? How much have you lost so far? How much more do you want to lose?

Not sure exactly I didn't weigh for a long time when I did I was 12 stone 10 the following week I was 12 6 but some of that will have been water weigh ideally another 2.5 stone to lose haven't weighed this week yet. I eat all the things on Sunday helps keep me on track during the week
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Not sure exactly I didn't weigh for a long time when I did I was 12 stone 10 the following week I was 12 6 but some of that will have been water weigh ideally another 2.5 stone to lose haven't weighed this week yet. I eat all the things on Sunday helps keep me on track during the week

How many calories are you actually eating every day, instead of net?
  • angelsja
    Options

1230 minimum but with the extra on weekends my average will be around 1500 per day
  • quiksylver296
    Options

1230 minimum but with the extra on weekends my average will be around 1500 per day

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm still trying to wrap my head around this. How old are you? How tall?
  • angelsja
    Options

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm still trying to wrap my head around this. How old are you? How tall?

28 5ft 8inch my dairy is open
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Interesting. I'd assumed you were short. :laugh: I'm 5'9, and anything under about 1700 calories per day and I'm starving!
  • InAPairOfChucks
    InAPairOfChucks Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I don't track when I have "cheat" days... maybe I should track once just to see how much I eat on those days.
  • angelsja
    Options

Interesting. I'd assumed you were short. :laugh: I'm 5'9, and anything under about 1700 calories per day and I'm starving!

I basically eat around my exercise so I'll get up I'm the morning with the kids take them and the dogs to school from there round the nature reserve get home around 10-10.30 eat breakfast a few hours later do my stationary bike and hasfit then eat lunch school pick up at 3 evening meal when we get home at around 4.30 then that's it till breakfast the next day
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Looked through your food diary. Lots of days where only breakfast was logged. Is that because you only ate breakfast that day, or you didn't finish logging? Also at tea, almost every meal is "one serving". Are those recipes you entered?
  • angelsja
    Options
    Looked through your food diary. Lots of days where only breakfast was logged. Is that because you only ate breakfast that day, or you didn't finish logging? Also at tea, almost every meal is "one serving". Are those recipes you entered?

Yeah I quit logging for awhile those breakfasts were already pre logged and yes all my own recipes