Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

36 eggs a day , they say is better than a cycle

Replies

• Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    aokoye wrote: »
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    Depends on what they are used for, anabolic (performance enhancing) steroids are probably not good. There are others that are used medically.

Just a quick note to say that anabolic steroids can be and are used medically. It's not super common but it's also not uncommon depending on why they're being used. And yes, it is possible to get a TUE for them depending on why you've been prescribed them.

Extremely rare in the States other than HRT...Oxandrolone is pretty close to last line for HIV-wasting; Stanazolol & Danazol etc. not used in anemia, hereditary angioedema, endometriosis, etc. due to a vast array safer alternatives.
  • vm007
    vm007 Posts: 241 Member
    vm007 wrote: »
    I'm really thinking about trying it out.

36 large eggs = 2500 calories. Basically 6 weeks x 7 days = $10 a day = $420 CDN

I'll add some veggies but as is - I can stand to lose another 3 kg or so and if I start eating 2600 cals a day I wonder if I'll end up getting toofat.

I'm 5'10 and 79.2 kg currently. I go to gym perhaps 3-4 times a week. 2 days full body and 2 days arms.

I had a period of my life eating 12 eggs/day (broke college student diet: eggs, cabbage, EVOO). Can't say I had any anabolic-androgenic steroid like effects (no noticeable gains or body composition changes); cholesterol ratios were high, but ratio was still good (HDL 100+mg/dL). Looking back, I really wish I had more lab data (other than lipid panel) to go off of (this is a current hobby of mine seeing how dietary changes affect/impact my lab work). Word to the wise, avoid "egg-***" based on the cooking method of the eggs (scrambled > boiled eggs)

Likely just an easier way to put on weight due to being calorically dense/easy to down & go into a surplus. I don't like eating eggs anymore mostly because the food volume is too low for the kcals provided (too easy to go over TDEE kcals)

Avoid egg what? it has astrix sign after the word egg. Scrambled is better than boiled eggs that I understood but avoid egg**** what's behind those stars?
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    edited October 2018
    aokoye wrote: »
    Depends on what they are used for, anabolic (performance enhancing) steroids are probably not good. There are others that are used medically.

Just a quick note to say that anabolic steroids can be and are used medically. It's not super common but it's also not uncommon depending on why they're being used. And yes, it is possible to get a TUE for them depending on why you've been prescribed them.

Extremely rare in the States other than HRT...Oxandrolone is pretty close to last line for HIV-wasting; Stanazolol & Danazol etc. not used in anemia, hereditary angioedema, endometriosis, etc. due to a vast array safer alternatives.

I was specifically thinking about hormone replacement therapy. Testosterone essentially the standard medication for trans men (and boys who are aren't prepubescent). It's exceedingly common among FTMs who decide to medically transition. It's common enough that there are types of administration used in the US and a sixth that is used in much of Europe and is slowly started to be used in the US (among other places).
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    edited October 2018
    Those Egg Council creeps got to you too?

I have no actual scientific information to contribute here regarding the topic, but I share the concern of others regarding eggs and digestive issues. Also, my gif is not working and now I am sad.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Psychgrrl wrote: »
    Two words about this many eggs: egg farts. :grimace:
    You make it sound like a bad thing.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    edited October 2018
    36 large eggs = 2500 calories. Basically 6 weeks x 7 days = $10 a day = $420 CDN

Saturday I purchased a box of 60 large eggs for $2.33 U.S. That works out to $1.40/day. Wal-Mart.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,736 Member
    I eat 3 eggs every work morning with no egg farts
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member

Right? Great way to clear the grocery isle.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,434 Member
    edited October 2018
    If I ate 36 eggs a day, my gallbladder would become a raving lunatic ... actually ... maybe that's just the thing to set it off so badly I can finally get it removed ....

..... but on the other hand, I'm not that fond of pain ......
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    If I ate 36 eggs a day, my gallbladder would become a raving lunatic ... actually ... maybe that's just the thing to set it off so badly I can finally get it removed ....

That's what I did to provoke a attack the day before my nth doctor's appointment. He couldn't ignore the problem any longer then :tongue:

My sad little gallbladder was so scared, that it only had a rest functionality of maybe 20% on a good day.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,434 Member
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »

That's what I did to provoke a attack the day before my nth doctor's appointment. He couldn't ignore the problem any longer then :tongue:

My sad little gallbladder was so scared, that it only had a rest functionality of maybe 20% on a good day.

Hmm ... maybe it is worth it after all! They've sent me for a couple basic ultrasounds and said that it doesn't look like I've got gallstones, or at least not large ones, but they haven't looked for anything else and can't explain the egg-induced pain.
  • jflongo
    jflongo Posts: 289 Member
    edited October 2018
    I eat 3 eggs and 3 egg whites every single day, no issues. I can't image 36 though, better get your own chickens!!
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member

It is when the person in front of you in yoga seems to be on the “egg diet.” Downward facing dog, indeed!
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    So I may have made a mistake.

It's suppose to go up slowly from 12 to 24 then 36 - I went straight head on with 36 a day. Also they are suppose to be raw.

It's those eggs plus protein from other places- like chicken, beef etc

Also, the diet prescribes to carb load every 3 day - Mon-Tues then Wed carbs as well.

According to that diet my daily caloric intake would go from 2800 now which is I think 50-100 more than my maintenance to around 4000. Now way I would be able to use it from my activity level standpoint.

I'll still do 36 eggs a day and bump calories to 3k which is around 200-300 more than maintenance on average.

I can bet you this though- so much easier to balloon up on carbs lol

In the immortal words of Captain Ivan Drago "If he dies , he dies".

You are going to try a diet based on eating 36 raw eggs per day?
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    No, just no. In what way could someone ever think eating 36 eggs would have the same effect as steroids lol.....
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    No, just no. In what way could someone ever think eating 36 eggs would have the same effect as steroids lol.....

36 RAW eggs a day :neutral:
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    LKArgh wrote: »
    So I may have made a mistake.

It's suppose to go up slowly from 12 to 24 then 36 - I went straight head on with 36 a day. Also they are suppose to be raw.

It's those eggs plus protein from other places- like chicken, beef etc

Also, the diet prescribes to carb load every 3 day - Mon-Tues then Wed carbs as well.

According to that diet my daily caloric intake would go from 2800 now which is I think 50-100 more than my maintenance to around 4000. Now way I would be able to use it from my activity level standpoint.

I'll still do 36 eggs a day and bump calories to 3k which is around 200-300 more than maintenance on average.

I can bet you this though- so much easier to balloon up on carbs lol

In the immortal words of Captain Ivan Drago "If he dies , he dies".

You are going to try a diet based on eating 36 raw eggs per day?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was having a moment of "OMG EW WHY?"