200+ (Week 39) Sizzlin' Through Summer

Options
124»

Replies

• pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Morning super pals - I haven't yet decided if it will be a good one yet. Last night while working with my last client, I got clamy, shaky and threw up. I left early and went to bed. My tummy still feels yucky this morning. Not sure if it's a bug or if I ate something bad. At least this is a biking not a running morning.

Allanah - wonderful job on your loss.

Penny - take care of the leg. I hope the week goes better for you.

Amy - way to bring it!!!

Kendal - you freaked me out by saying Oct is 3 months away - where has the summer gone? You are going to rock it out in the dress!!! Isn't that the one you posted pictures of for us about a month ago?

To everone else - keep up the great work!!! I'm going back to bed for an hour or so.
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Victoria- hope you're feeling better now. That does not sound pleasant. If you're feeling like crap it is okay to take the day off.

Sorry I didn't check in yesterday at all ladies. Bad Kristina Bad! Still catching up on your posts.

So yesterday was an off day for me. Monday, I felt uber tired and cranky all day. I think I overdid it Sunday with both the 4-miler run and an hour of swimming. I was exhausted by the evening. Hopped into bed pretty early in anticipation of an early morning run, but then Mom called- her and Dad just got back from camping for a week and a half and so I heard all about that, so it was later than I wanted to getting to bed, THEN we had HORRID storms roll through that night, which kept me up most of the evening. i'm lucky nothing flooded- it was not pretty outside. My alarm went off at 5:30, felt like crap, AND it was raining still, so an outdoor run just wasn't going to happen. And I just decided work wasn't going to happen either. I knew if I tried to power through the day, I would not have made it through the week, so I took the day off, slept in, and did not much of anything. In some ways, I never really woke up, cause I wasn't doing anything. Felt guilty about not working out, but I just moved my training schedule down a day, so instead of taking a rest day on Friday, I took it yesterday.

So this morning, I did get up at 5:30 and did my 3.5 miler than was originally planned for yesterday. Felt pretty good. The weather was uber humid, even if it was only 70 degrees out at that time. You can tell the days are starting to get shorter, cause it was darker outside than even just a few weeks ago. Glad my exercise is done for the day. Work should be okay today. Nothing super eventful. So my training schedule now will be cross training tomorrow. I'm thinking I'll bike it up, and then another 3.5miler on Friday, then I'm back on track with the weekend schedule. The scale was friendly to me this morning, after being a weenie the past couple of days. If it'll just stick to where it was today by Friday morning, I'll be a happy camper, but we're not on the best terms at the moment.

Hope everyone's Wednesday goes well!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I must be retaining water. I was under my cals yesterday and wasn't over my sodium by that much but I gained 1.2lb overnight. I know this is why they say not to weigh yourself daily, but I can't help it. I like to know the daily status of my weight. It helps keep me focused.

But the good news is mom went with me to zumba last night :bigsmile: I let her wear my hrm and she burned almost 900 cals (and yes, I did change the user settings to her info). Then we went to her house and I showed her how to make those awesome black bean quesadillas and she was really impressed. I think she's finally getting on board with using mfp and tracking everything. The layout of mfp has changed a lot in the past year with the news feed and friends and now its a lot easier to get encouragement for all the little things.

And yes Victoria- that is the same dress I posted pictures of a month or so ago. :bigsmile:

Anyways, I need to get some work done. ttyl
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Well I finally have time to make time this morning to read and post here. Yeay!

Victoria- I hope you feel better. Flu or a bug or just being sick in the stomach sucks. Make sure you rest lots.

Kendal - I did the same thing Sunday-Monday. Up three lbs in one night. That is when I decided I had to stop getting on the stupid scale. Glad your mom got to go with you to zumba and liked it. The HRM's are truly a gift...talk about motivation to exercise!

Kristina - isn't it amazing how much swimming can wear you out??

Amy - funny my husband just did the same thing with my bum. LOL. Its nice to know things are shrinking isn't it?!

Penny - take it easy on that leg...

As for me...well. I am so sore today. Wow! Wow. Wow. My boob muscles even hurt. I did the week one day one squats, crunches/sit ups and a ton of bench chest presses and I can feel it all over. Good right? Didn't go to the gym yesterday, worked OT instead and watched my daughter do her swim lessons. Today I will hit the gym for day two of the squats challenge and the upper body and crunches plus some cardio.
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    :sick: :sick: :sick:

Why did I do this to myself?

We were treated with bbq today at work. I can't even begin to tell you how many cals I've had cause its hard to find it in the database. (pork chopped bbq was easy enough, but bbq coleslaw and the hushpuppies vary) But I wouldn't doubt if I just ate 1500 cals. Guess this means I have to get my @ss back in the gym. It'll be too hot to go to the park or go walking outside. UGH. I've completely gotten out of routine of going to the gym to exercise. hmm....there's a hip hop class tonight. Maybe I should try that if I can get there in time.
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Today was a crap day. For some reason, I kept nearly fainting for no good reason. I called my husband home from work early & everything. I spoke with the advice nurse and she said I didn't need to go to the hospital but I do need to see a doctor. So I have an appointment in the morning. I am less dizzy/fainting feeling but I feel shaky. I did put on my HRM to see what might be going on and it would go from 50 BPM to 140 BMP when I was laying or sitting down and then shoot back down to 55 BPM. No idea why that might be going on, hopefully find out more tomorrow. Is it bad that I am mostly bummed cuz I can't do my workout tonight?? Cuz I TOTALLY am.
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Kendal- you know you overindulged. We all have those moments. You Zumba'd it up pretty hard yesterday, but it would be great to get to the gym or do something this evening to counteract it a bit. Don't get too hard on yourself- it's not like you eat that very often. Also, I feel you on the scale changing. It can get frustrating. I still step on every day. I can get frustrated when it's up, but as long as it isn't for more than a couple of days, I'm okay with it. Helps me stay on track.

Gals, I just realized... next week is the last week of our "Sizzlin' Through Summer" challenge. Where the heck did the time go? Also, super depressing? I've only dropped 2 pounds. UGH! I think I've lost some inches, as my pants are feeling looser on me, but the scale is depressing me.

Swimming worked me out way more than I thought, and as I did breaststroke, the hips, and inner/outer thighs in particular were burning yesterday. Feel okay today though. TEMPTED to hit up the gym tonight and swim again. I really enjoyed it. Afraid I will regret it later though. As tomorrow is a crosstrain day, I won't work out until later in the day, so it's not like I'm getting up early after just having swum at 9pm. I'll have to think about it. *ponders* We'll see how I'm feeling tonight, but as tomorrow is last chance workout day, any extra cardio to get in this week, would be good. Would like to lose a couple more pounds for this challenge. 5 or more would be great, so I'd need to hit 181. Unlikely. I'm hoping this mid-180s thing is just a mini-plateau and the weight loss will rev back up again. Then again, my eating still isn't quite on point, which isn't helping matters.

Total stream of conscious blabbering away there. Hope everyone is having a good day!
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Amy- eep! That does not sound good. I'm impressed you're in the mindset that you're bummed you're missing your workout tonight. That means you're in the zone! It's important that you figure out what's happening so you will be able to workout again in the near future. Keep us updated on how things are going!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    I'm feeling somewhat better but not perfect. I had a client cancel and came home to rest. I really should be doing paperwork... Kendal - make it a point to get to the gym. Amy - hope you feel better soon - are you hydrated? Lacey - good luck at the gym. Kristina - go swimming - the extra exercise may get you out of the mid 180 slump..

I'm going to close my eyes and meditate for my last 10 min... Then I'm off for 2 more clients.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Kendal, me too girl. Meeee toooo. I went to do an errand at lunch and stopped off at Carls Jr to get a quick thing before I went back to work. i picked two chicken soft tacos with rice and beans. Thinking only to eat the tacos and a bite or two of the beas an rice. Yeah freaking right. The stupid tacos, according to MFP, were 300 cals a piece although I see it more like 275, but wahts 25 in the long run? Then I did eat all the rice and beans and some of the chips. So I'm looking at probably a 900 cal lunch or there abouts.
    And since my focus at the gym this week is weights with a bit of cardio the burn won't be as much. I feel all heavy and bloated too. Can you say veggies for dinner??

Amy, drink lots of water. Is the heat affecting you by chance?

Kristina - if I can get home before I take my daughter to her swim lessons, I'm going to grab my suit and do some laps during her lessons too. Go for it girl!

Victoria - you had a long weekend with the travel, take it easy girl!
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Well I'm back from my Dr. appt. She did an EKG (which wasn't abnormal) but is ordering a Holter monitor (An EKG taken for a 24 hour period to detect irregularities) so I have to go to the German hospital tomorrow and get hooked up to the thing tomorrow. My Dr. also ordered blood tests to check lipid levels and electrolytes (I actually drink a TON of water and she thinks it may be too much so she's checking to see). So I don't have any answers but I guess the right questions are being asked so maybe we'll see. I'm feeling better today so I'm not sure what to do about exercise. I can't exercise while wearing the holter monitor tomorrow (or shower), so I'm thinking I'll get some kind of exercise in today at least.

Lacey: what a bummer about the Carl's Jr. Somehow fast food restaurants always manage to add way more fat & calories into the food than would be there if we made the food ourselves.

Victoria: nice that you got a bit of a break with the client cancellation (what do you do, by the way?)

Kristina: Did you swim? I love swimming. Maybe I'll get a chance too soon as my son is joining a competitive swim team & we'll be around a pool more often.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    I slept in this morning - my body still needs rest. That means I missed my run. My stomach still aches but I'm no longer having bowel issues or throwing up. Today will be another long day with 8 clients - I had to move the one that cancelled to 6 tonight. Sighs.

Amy - I'm a physical therapist and own my own company. I treat clients in there home rather than a clinic. I hope they figure out what's wrong soon.

Time to get out of bed and get moving. I feel like fresh juice will start the morning right - carrot, spinach, apple.
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    I didn't go to the gym yesterday.

My brother called and wanted to go walking. Since Wednesday is the one day a week I can take him, we went. He's doing a lot better with the whole walking/jogging thing. He doesn't complain as much and he's more willing to jog. He even held Lexi's leash on the first lap! (I think he worries that if something happens, she'll pull and he won't be able to control her.) It somehow took us about 35 minutes to do 2 miles. Maybe I forgot to stop the clock for a minute or two when we got Lexi water or I was messing with her pack cause that doesn't seem right. But oh well.

Joey swears he's found God now. (for those of you who are new, he's my estranged husband. he treated me like *kitten* and cheated on me and I left him in December). There's a girl *insert eye roll* who is a "strong Christian girl" who is helping lead him to the Lord. He says he prays for me everyday. It gets on my EFFING NERVES that he thinks he can throw this "holier than thou" attitude at me! I told him to leave me the eff alone. No more "how are you" texts or ims. Unless it had something to do with the house or the money he owes me, I don't ever want to hear from him again. Then I said it doesn't matter how "Christian" you become, you will always be my ex husband who treated me like *kitten* and cheated on me. His only response was "I know and thats something I have to live with for the rest of my life too"

RAWR!!!!

We've got upper management in the office today and tomorrow so they are being really picky about everything we do. UGH.

And for the past day or two, my throat has been hurting (its that tight feeling when you swallow type of pain). I have Vitamin C drops at my desk, but they are dang 15 cals each so I can't just mindlessly use the whole bag. I carpooled today so I can't drive anywhere to get any medicine till I get home from work.
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    What is wrong with me??? For the last 2 days I have been super hungry...Yesterday I thought it was because I had a light exercise day and I didn't have a lot of extra calories and it was in my head..but today...my tummy has beeng growling all morning. I had a bowl of bran with added raisins, still hungry so I had a banana....felt I needed some meat....(have any of you done that where you crave meat?) So I had a couple ounces of some pork steak that was left over from hubbies dinner last night. Gosh, it's only 9:30am...I can't be doing this....it is still 2 weeks away from TOM cravings..not sure what is going on... and I have even been really good about getting in lots of protein daily for the last 3 weeks...don't know what it is, but I really wish I could sew my mouth shut today...Monday when I jumped on the scales I had lost another 2 pounds, which made it 4 pounds in the last 2 weeks....I can't be eating it all back now! I am going to try to go and exercise...yesterday I drank so much water all day to try to get over the hunger pangs that I got up every 2 ours last night because I had to go pee:ohwell:

Kendal, Amy and Victoria....sorry to hear your all feeling bad, sending ****get better quick vibes***** your way!!

Kristina, I did laps in the pool last night and I thought of you!!:bigsmile:

Hello to everyone, hope your all doing well...
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Debra- it might be a light exercise day for you, but I think if you're hungry, you should eat. There are filling things you can have that aren't terribly caloric. Up that fiber! I can't say anything about having meat cravings, as I've been a vegetarian for 10 years. haha. Hope it's just a passing phase. You've been doing great with the weight loss

Victoria- sounds like you really did need to sleep in. Good to hear that you're feeling better. Take it easy, so you'll be up and ready to go again sooner than later. It's important to take care of yourself though.

Kendal- argh to your ex-hubby. got to love the holier than thou attitude. he can do what he wants, but he shouldn't preach to you about it. hang in there buddy! Glad that you were able to get a walk in. It might not be as fast as you'd like, but at least you got your brother (and Lexi) out walking as well.

Amy- keep us updated on the heart monitor situation. Glad to hear that the EKG was normal!

Well, ladies, you'll be happy to know that I DID go swimming last night. *twirls* Was proud of myself. Swam for an hour. I tried to keep track of my distance, but I swam at a decent pace and did a bit more freestyle, which I'm improving at. Breaststroke is easier for me, but it's harder on my knees and hip joints. I'm just sinking a bit when I try to breathe when doing freestyle, but I'll keep at it and get better. I tell you, I don't feel tired when swimming, but about an hour and half after finishing, i'm EXHAUSTED. So I got home after swimming, watched SYTYCD, which I had DVR'ed, and then went to bed and was OUT. I usually wake up a couple of times and night, but I slept like the dead. Today's agenda: trying to keep my eating in check, and crosstraining at the rec center after work. Will either elliptical or bike it up for at least 45 min. The scale was sort of friendly to me this morning. I'm down a pound from last week, and I hope it sticks for weigh-in tomorrow. So tomorrow, which would normally be a rest day, is now a running day, as I'm a day behind. Today should be a pretty good day I think overall. Will plan on vegging out tonight after I get back from the gym.

Hope everyone's day goes well. Get those last chance workouts in!!
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Morning. I lost a day some time this week. Thought this moring was Wednesday. I guess its good that its Thursday right?

I did go to the gym last night. Did day two level two of the squats challenge and all sorts of other good body/weight lifting exercises. I only did 25 minutes of cardio. I just cannot get into it right at the moment. I feel like this whole squat challenge and the other things I am doing is what my body needs though to get it going again. I am sore as all get out.
    Tonight while my daughter does swimming lessons, I am going to do some laps. That will be good for me.

I keep staying up until 11 lately, which for my body is really an hour too late. But I was watching SYTYCD and then Teen Mom came on MTv and I couldn't stop watching that, lol. So yeah. Friday night will again be the night I pass out around 9. This happens to me often. Saturday at 4pm we have a dinner party thing to go to for Jeff's work. They are all very dry people so it will be kindof torture for us but it is expected that we attend so we will. I have to think of what cute outfit and heels I want to wear. Joy.

Deb if you are that hungry eat! Your body is asking for it!

Amy - I went to school with a kid who drank too much water. He drank so much that he essentially washed the electrolytes out of his system? If I remember right that is. At any rate, his parents monitored him like a hawk to make sure he didn't drink too much, but he was always thirsty. It was the strangest thing to hear...drinking too much water! Take care of yourself and hang in there.

Victoria - I had that flu bug a month or so ago. It was horrid. And even though it took me just a day to stop all the bodily nasties, it took about a week for me to get back to full strength. Getting sick as you get older totally blows.

Kendal - your ex husband's whole Come to Jesus moment...well it happens. He just doesn't need to tout it all in your face now does he?! Good for you for telling him to back off and leave you alone from all that.

Kristina - good job on swimming. It does tucker you out. I love that feeling when it hits you and you are just like blah on the couch. Its kindof like yoga on speed really...immediate relaxation (without the techno!).
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Evening ladies!
    I finally got off my butt and did a sloggingly slow C25K run on my treadmill. My scale has been nice to me since the Insanity skipping but I'd like to keep it that way and my Dr. said that cardio is good for my fibromyalgia. I felt more tired than usual but I monitored my HR like a hawk and noticed nothing irregular. It was mostly in the 150's and lower 160's as I was going slower than usual but I'm just glad to get a little movement in. I swear I feel like a slug if I don't get some kind of exercise every day.

Lacey: I feel your pain on the dry dinner party thing. I have a picnic tomorrow with DH's detachment (about 30 people that I barely know and have nothing in common with). I've been praying for rain. I HAVE heard of the too much water thing too. After I joined the Air Force, there was a kid that died in basic training from the too much water thing (I forget the name of it). I can totally see how that can happen as basic is in San Antonio, TX and the drill instructors are pretty pushy about hydrating. This poor kid hydrated until his cells exploded and he died. Yikes!

Kristina: Good job with the swimming! If you strengthen your abs you might stop drowning yourself when doing freestyle. I have also noticed that a lot of people arch their backs while swimming, which puts your hips at the wrong angle and also makes breathing difficult. You can try lifting your hips a bit to correct that arch and it might make things easier for you.

Debra: I can only echo what everyone else is saying...if you are hungry, then your should eat. You are doing some seriously hardcore exercise and your body needs nutrients.

Kendal: Wow your ex sounds like a douche (can I say that?). I cannot stand people who have been crappy "finding Jesus" and then deciding that you're a sinner and they are better than you. It's just another way for them to be @sshats. (But I don't feel strongly about this topic or anything) I'll stop now. I hope your throat feels better.

Victoria: I hope you are able to catch up on your sleep.
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    I didn't go to the gym again. But I logged my food and saw a big red number so I made myself take lexi for a little 2 mile walk on the back roads. Its hot as crap outside and those roads are so hilly. I didn't burn enough to get my cals out of the red, plus I'm probably going to enjoy an 80 cal orange sherbert push up but I'll only be over by like, 100-150.
  • akasullengal
    Options
    It's that time...

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: NEW THREAD LADIES!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: