Bad weekend!

Okay so my boyfriend had surprised me this weekend with few nights away Thursday to Sunday in Edinburgh ..we visited the most amazing restaurants and even more amazing wine bars 🙃! I roughly calculated my calories in those 4 days and probably reached around 2700 PER DAY! Safe to say i am STRESSING!! What has anyone else done in this kind of situation any advice welcome

Replies

• Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Agreed - don't let 1 pound get in the way of an amazing experience. Just pick up your usual eating habit where you left off.
  • spoiledwife12
    spoiledwife12 Posts: 151 Member
    Sounds like you had an amazing experience with great food and lasting memories! 2700 calories is not bad at all. I doubt you'll see any significant repercussions. Sometimes our routines need a nice jolt now and then:)
  • intrigame23
    intrigame23 Posts: 193 Member
    What's done is done... and it sounds like an amazing experience you had! Just pick up where you left off. 😊
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,572 Member
    Edinburgh is a wonderful city so it's nice that you enjoyed yourself. A 4 day stretch won't ruin anything. And even a longer period of calorie excess just means it will take you longer to reach goals. Just get back to your target goals. No regrets.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Listen- You enjoyed yourself and your boyfriend. Life happens- NOW get back on the weight loss horse and ride em on to victory!!!! Don't stop now no matter WHAT the scale says-
  • Bentforkx
    Bentforkx Posts: 69 Member
    What has anyone else done in this kind of situation any advice welcome

Personally, I'd love your partner for being sweet and thoughtful, and then pick up where you left off. You just had an amazing weekend with someone who obviously cares about you!! Who cares about a blip in your linear "lifestyle modification" graph...... <3

• MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    2700/day while on vacay really isn’t that bad...
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    It’s one weekend off the diet. No big deal. Just continue with whatever diet/exercise plan you were on before you left. No reason to freak out or do anything drastic.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    That sounds like the best 2700 calories ever. It’s not going to affect your weight loss long term unless you let it change your usual routine. Just get back on track when you get home.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,783 Member
    Yup. Maybe slightly fewer days, but some higher calories. End result: NBD.

Full story here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10603949/big-overfeed-ruins-everything-nope

No point in stressing; stress burns no extra calories (and, at an extreme, can even encourage water weight retention ;) ).

Past is past; can't change it. Just get back on track, and move forward. You'll be fine.
  • Kimmotion5783
    Kimmotion5783 Posts: 417 Member
    Surprise trip to Edinburgh with great food and wine bars - boyfriend win! Hope you had a good time (I'm sure you did, because how could you not!)

And don't worry about the extra calories and whatnot. Worry creates stress, which makes it that much harder to get back on track. It happens, you're going to fall off from time to time because that's just how life is. What you need to keep in mind is not to stress over it and know that any weight you might have gained from the trip will come right back off again. It's okay, don't be so hard on yourself! Don't beat yourself up over it. It'll all be okay!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Sounds like a GOOD weekend to me. Just get back to it.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    just get back on it - depending on your stats 2700 could be maintenance or only a couple hundred over (5'3" 165 and i maintain on 2800)
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    It's hard when you're surprised and can't plan. It sounds like you really enjoyed your experience, which is the important thing! You'll get right back into your routine and you'll have happy memories to keep you motivated!
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Sounds more like a good weekend to me