Keto is the right way!

Options
2»

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,996 Member
    Options
    Glad you found what works for you OP

It us not for me though - am quite happy eating my non keto diet and quite happy with my results.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    rsclause wrote: »
    mph323 wrote: »
    craig2108 wrote: »
    I was on Keto and never felt better. I lost 15 pounds and 5% body fat in Three weeks. I have had some real bad stress and different situations that set me back the past 3 months but tomorrow is a new day and getting back on it

Are you saying you were on keto for 3 weeks, 3 months ago, but stopped eating that way when your life became stressful? It doesn't sound like a sustainable way of eating long term for you.

That would be applicable for any other diet that someone stopped too.

Very true, the issue is not limited to keto. However in this case, the OP is talking about keto specifically.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I mean, great that it works for you. I'd rather eat my carbs/pizza/"junk food" and lose weight just calorie counting because that works too. :)

Anything that works can be placed in the yes column and keto won't fit everybody.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    My husband did Keto and lost 50 lbs, then he started eating normal again and gained it all back. It seems once you start you have to mainly keep eating that way. Not for me, but good luck.

if you gain the weight back on any diet its because you are eating more than you burn. it happens no matter what way of eating you do. I lost weight just eating less and then I gained it back by no longer eating less. some think once they lose the weight they can go back to old habits. you cant if you want to keep the weight off.
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    It’s sustainable if you start to eat your feeling! Junk food became my way of getting through and got away from Keto. If I would have just continued to eat the Keto way beside turn back to junk because it’s more available at work and In life in general. Keto works but I failed to have self discipline

Any diet works as long as you stick to it and have self discipline. Keto isn't magic.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    I'm interested in seeing how well I can stick with keto. I like it because I think it's healthy, I'm losing weight, and I don't get hungry. I have less pain (so fewer NSAIDs), and I stopped passing gas (which was becoming embarrassing). I have friends, who follow keto and other low carb regimens, who have maintained well. I hope to follow suit. I've allowed myself a bite (not a serving) of something sweet a few times, but stayed on track, so far. I'm surprised to find myself snacking on half an avocado, with a spoon, using the skin for a bowl. A few nuts and berries are good treats for me, even before keto. I haven't faced a crisis yet, but I'm sure my testing with come. The Good Lord has been teaching me spiritual perseverance, and I expect it's spilling into other areas of my life. After all, my body is His temple on earth, and I want to keep it in good repair.
    Craig2108, I just said a prayer for you, and I wish you well.

you do realize that passing gas is a normal body response right? excess gas is one thing but no gas at all?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I was on Keto and never felt better. I lost 15 pounds and 5% body fat in Three weeks. I have had some real bad stress and different situations that set me back the past 3 months but tomorrow is a new day and getting back on it

Good luck and glad you are finding something that works for you.

I would caution on measuring body fat. When you go keto, you deplete glycogen and water, which shows as a bf loss.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in seeing how well I can stick with keto. I like it because I think it's healthy, I'm losing weight, and I don't get hungry. I have less pain (so fewer NSAIDs), and I stopped passing gas (which was becoming embarrassing). I have friends, who follow keto and other low carb regimens, who have maintained well. I hope to follow suit. I've allowed myself a bite (not a serving) of something sweet a few times, but stayed on track, so far. I'm surprised to find myself snacking on half an avocado, with a spoon, using the skin for a bowl. A few nuts and berries are good treats for me, even before keto. I haven't faced a crisis yet, but I'm sure my testing with come. The Good Lord has been teaching me spiritual perseverance, and I expect it's spilling into other areas of my life. After all, my body is His temple on earth, and I want to keep it in good repair.

you do realize that passing gas is a normal body response right? excess gas is one thing but no gas at all?

Reduced gas is fairly common when one reduces fibre and carbs (which bacteria may create gas from). To avoid being pedantic, I'm assuming she meant that her gas was so greatly reduced as to be unnoticeable.

TMI...

I've had that experience too. I now only pass minimal, and less odiferous, gas minutes before a BM. That's it. In the past I could be doubled over in pain, and visibly bloated from gas a few times a week.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »

Reduced gas is fairly common when one reduces fibre and carbs (which bacteria may create gas from). To avoid being pedantic, I'm assuming she meant that her gas was so greatly reduced as to be unnoticeable.

TMI...

I've had that experience too. I now only pass minimal, and less odiferous, gas minutes before a BM. That's it. In the past I could be doubled over in pain, and visibly bloated from gas a few times a week.

thats what I assumed that she meant less gas
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »

TMI...

thats what I assumed that she meant less gas

Apologies.
  • UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I am currently eating Keto and it's working well for me, but to say one type of diet is for everyone is unfair. It's like everything else, we have choices in life.
  • rpmkarting
    rpmkarting Posts: 49 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    My husband did Keto and lost 50 lbs, then he started eating normal again and gained it all back. It seems once you start you have to mainly keep eating that way. Not for me, but good luck.

Define normal? Is this eating any and or all of the food that is available in this world? Is this not counting calories and realizing it is not very difficult to eat 6-8000 calories per day relatively easy? I can see this. But merely eating normal everyday foods and staying at the same number of calories he was on while doing Keto does not seem probable or practical. Highly unlikely...
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    jodymaro1 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. If you go off keto you have to do it gradually by increasing carb by 5grams per week. I am never hungry on keto barely ever and usually only can eat two meals a day. I used to do Atkins twice years ago and hence why I decided to try keto dieting and sometimes fasting and intermittent fasting too. I have better sleep more energy and more clarity now. I don’t feel obsessed or have crazy cravings for my favorite foods because the memory of the taste is gone because the carbs are depleted. If anyone would like to learn more about keto and paleo lifestyles or fasting check out Dr Berg on YouTube. I learned a lot since the Atkins days and it will work if you work it! Keep up the good work! Feel free to add me anyone. ✌🏻

when you start keto the glycogen from carbs are depeleted from your body. but your body can produce glucose by way of gluconeogenesis from fat and protein if needed,it can then be metabolized into glycogen and glycogen can be turned into glucose so no not all carbs are depleted in keto ,you still eat some carbs but the high amount of fats can be used for glucose/glycogen production in the absence of enough carbs. https://themedicalbiochemistrypage.org/glycogen.php this link is just one of many explaining how it works.
  • Keto4happiness
    Keto4happiness Posts: 8 Member
    Options

I love keto. Eleven days I have been doing it and it is the best thing I ever decided to do. I feel full. I eat healthy carbs. If I don't do keto, then I will eat a ton of unhealthy carbs. This is just me. People have to do what works for them and keto is not for everybody. I just know for me it is what works and plan to stick to it for life.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,996 Member
    Options
    11 days is a short time.

But if you do stick to this for life, good for you.

Cynical me thinks 11 days is too soon to say what you will do for the rest of your life - but I may well be wrong.