any bony to strong girls success stories? i’m in need of motivation 🙏🏽

Options
i’ve always been considered underweight, being 5.6 and 104 lbs since i was 15. i’m 35 now and after unhealthy relationship and bad breakup and been weighing 99-100lbs for the past two years. i’m considered by most to be a beautiful woman (if u like the skinny model type) but lately have been feeling unloveable and horrible with all my ribs showing through my skin. i’m determined to gain weight but have been struggling enormously. it takes forever to put on a pound and even more difficult to keep it on. i would love some motivation, like some incredible photos of bony skinny girls that managed to gain weight and look healthy - so i can convince myself it’s actually possible - the feeling now is that i’ll look like a skeleton forever 😭

seems like all the motivation & success stories posts are about losing weight, so i figured i’d try here...

grateful to anyone who offers some help 🙏🏽

Replies

• mreichard
    mreichard Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Don’t know how many of these women started out skinny, but some really good success here. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/977538/halp-heavy-lifting-made-me-supah-bulky
  • mayamission
    mayamission Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hamsibian wrote: »
    I struggled with my weight due to malabsorption with IBD. I had to eat about 1000 more calories than what MFP gave me. Food restrictions and lack of appetite didn't help at all, so I really feel for you. <3 Your case probably isn't like mine, so put in your stats on MFP and check out the thread @L1zardQueen gave you.

Here's my last progress picture (don't pay attention to the hair :p). I've gained another 10lbs since, so I'm trying to maintain and recomp now. It's a process, that's for sure!
    q5skhvtslg4z.jpg
    nl8qffd1wmj4.jpg

Wow, super inspiring!!! thank you so much, this was exactly what i was looking for. i don’t have malabsorption issues that i know of but i do have some food restrictions due to allergies and definitely have lack of appetite which i think is more emotional than anything else...

What did u do? just eat a looot? did u start working out while u were still skinny or after u had already put on some weight?

thank you so much, u look amazing (and u even grew a nice round butt! ;)) very inspiring 🙌🏽
  • mayamission
    mayamission Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    thanks 🙏🏽 yep i’ve noticed in the past that when i do manage to gain a few pounds it gors straight to my belly. then i end up with that skinny girl fat belly look. 🙄 at this point i don’t really mind so much as all i want is some fat over my bones....

people have told me lifting will help, what about doing specific work outs to burn just that belly fat? 😬 would that interfere in the overall process?

i feel you sis, don’t feel crummy though, you still look amazing and your photos honestly really inspired me to get back to counting calories and making more of an effort to eat!!!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I struggled with my weight due to malabsorption with IBD. I had to eat about 1000 more calories than what MFP gave me. Food restrictions and lack of appetite didn't help at all, so I really feel for you. <3 Your case probably isn't like mine, so put in your stats on MFP and check out the thread @L1zardQueen gave you.

Here's my last progress picture (don't pay attention to the hair :p). I've gained another 10lbs since, so I'm trying to maintain and recomp now. It's a process, that's for sure!
    q5skhvtslg4z.jpg
    nl8qffd1wmj4.jpg

Awesome progress! You look great
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    thanks 🙏🏽 yep i’ve noticed in the past that when i do manage to gain a few pounds it gors straight to my belly. then i end up with that skinny girl fat belly look. 🙄 at this point i don’t really mind so much as all i want is some fat over my bones....

people have told me lifting will help, what about doing specific work outs to burn just that belly fat? 😬 would that interfere in the overall process?

i feel you sis, don’t feel crummy though, you still look amazing and your photos honestly really inspired me to get back to counting calories and making more of an effort to eat!!!

Spot reducing doesn't exist, and you wouldn't want to burn the belly fat anyway. Lifting will help restore strength and any potential bone loss, so I'm all for it.
    hesn92 wrote: »

q5skhvtslg4z.jpg
    nl8qffd1wmj4.jpg

Awesome progress! You look great

Thank you so much!!
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I thought I added this post, but way to go @staticsplit!!! You should be very proud of yourself!
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Thank you! And well done on your gain, too! You look so much happier and healthier now.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress in here! Love to see this :)
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    @Hamsibian if she gains weight genetics will determine where she gains fat first. its not the stomach for every woman eating more MAY cause some temporary bloating.when you gain weight there will be fat gains depending on how many calories you are eating. @mayamission lift weights while you are gaining weight. this way it wont be all fat gain,some will be muscle.it also may stimulate your hunger too.
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    SianieK wrote: »
    Was always skinny but got into weights after getting a PT about 4 years ago. Made a huge difference to my shape and how I felt about myself, so much so that I gave now done a couple of powerlifting competitions and entere my first bodybuilding competition this year.

I’ve struggled to put on weight all my life and it diagnosed with coeliac disease when I was 21 and had needed up really malnourished though damage to the gut. It has been so hard putting weight on and I spent 9 months this year pushing my calories up and training hard before I started my cut fo the show. Getting your head around nutrition and calorie dense foods is half the battle as they give you the energy you need to gain weight without making you so full you are uncomfortable. When you are a natural twiglet gaining weight takes time but keeep at it and it will slowly happen. If you can afford it, some sessions with a good PT who knows their stuff on nutrition and body decomposition can be really worthwhile.

I’l attach a couple of photos to show what I managed to do, it’s not amazing but I’m pretty proud of myself all the same!

w9y8m2r4moq1.jpeg
    sro3e63f8b2t.jpeg
    obin1rmanzoc.jpeg

The comparisons are before I really started training and looking at my diet at all up until show day this year. The other one is at the end of 9 months hard weight gain - 10kg up and at the end eating over 3000kcal a day (thank goodness for peanut butter!).

Hope this is at least some help

Actually that IS amazing. Congrats!
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Wow!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    That is hella impressive @SianieK!
  • Kdp2015
    Kdp2015 Posts: 519 Member
    Options

q5skhvtslg4z.jpg
    nl8qffd1wmj4.jpg

You look amazing!!