Pizza Hut All You Can Eat (pizza buffet) calories?

Options

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    The pizza hut buffet is a medium pizza, however a standard PH medium is cut into 8 slices, and a buffet PH medium is cut into 12 slices...so each buffet slice is approx 0.67 of a standard medium slice for that type of pizza
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I'm still marveling at the idea of an eat-in Pizza Hut! I've only ever seen delivery shops!
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    A quick search of the pizza hut site/nutritional data showed that buffet slices are roughly 20-30% smaller (both in size/weight and in calories) than their non-buffet versions. Obviously that will vary a bit depending on the type of pizza/toppings, but that's a reasonable estimate (IMO).

So if it were me... I'd count the number of pieces I ate, multiply that by 1.25, then log that many regular slices. Something like this...

I ate 10 buffet slices.
    10 * 1.25 = 12.5
    I'd log 12.5 regular slices.

Or, if you're trying to figure out how many slices you can have for 2500 calories (or whatever)...
    A large, pan, cheese slice is 380 cals. So the buffet version of that would be about 304. At ~300 cals per slice, you could eat 8 and a little slices of plain cheese pan pizza for your 2500 cals.

I say all that no knowing what sized pizza (small, medium, large) the hut puts out for buffet. My numbers are based on large. If medium, the numbers will be slightly less, and you can eat slightly more.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    COGypsy wrote: »
    I'm still marveling at the idea of an eat-in Pizza Hut! I've only ever seen delivery shops!

When I was a kid, going to Pizza Hut, and having to wait for a table so that we could play table top Ms Pacman and Galaga was a super special treat...

My kids were getting free personal pan pizza coupons from school for a reading program, and I actively sought out a dine in Pizza Hut, but was so bummed there was no arcade game!
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    angelsja wrote: »
    FL_Hiker wrote: »
    So you are planning/hoping to eat 15 slices of pizza? Not judging just honestly curious.

I hope there’s a video, I’m impressed!

15 slices of pizza is like the equivalent to just under 2 pizzas I don't get why everyone is so amazed by this :/

I can only eat 2 slices maybe 3 if I’m starving of a Pizza Hut medium pizza and im stuffed.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    So you are planning/hoping to eat 15 slices of pizza? Not judging just honestly curious.

15 slices of pizza is like the equivalent to just under 2 pizzas I don't get why everyone is so amazed by this :/

I can only eat 2 slices maybe 3 if I’m starving of a Pizza Hut medium pizza and im stuffed.

Uk pizza slices aren't like US slices...
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

Used to be a lot more common, but we no longer have a dine-in Pizza hut where I live.
  • jjpptt2
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    A quick search of the pizza hut site/nutritional data showed that buffet slices are roughly 20-30% smaller (both in size/weight and in calories) than their non-buffet versions. Obviously that will vary a bit depending on the type of pizza/toppings, but that's a reasonable estimate (IMO).

So if it were me... I'd count the number of pieces I ate, multiply that by 1.25, then log that many regular slices. Something like this...

I ate 10 buffet slices.
    10 * 1.25 = 12.5
    I'd log 12.5 regular slices.

Or, if you're trying to figure out how many slices you can have for 2500 calories (or whatever)...
    A large, pan, cheese slice is 380 cals. So the buffet version of that would be about 304. At ~300 cals per slice, you could eat 8 and a little slices of plain cheese pan pizza for your 2500 cals.

I say all that no knowing what sized pizza (small, medium, large) the hut puts out for buffet. My numbers are based on large. If medium, the numbers will be slightly less, and you can eat slightly more.

You've got the math backwards I think.

10 buffet slices would be 8 normal slices.

oh, crap... good catch, thanks.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

When I was a kid, going to Pizza Hut, and having to wait for a table so that we could play table top Ms Pacman and Galaga was a super special treat...

My kids were getting free personal pan pizza coupons from school for a reading program, and I actively sought out a dine in Pizza Hut, but was so bummed there was no arcade game!

We had a chain called Mr. Gatti's that was like that. We loved it as kids! They closed down ages ago, but I think I heard that a couple had been resurrected back in the town I grew up in.

I loved Ms. Pacman too! We have a couple of arcade bars here and I get teased whenever we go because (Ms.) Pacman, Centipede and driving games are all I play!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options

Used to be a lot more common, but we no longer have a dine-in Pizza hut where I live.

I haven't seen one in forever other than the Taco Bell/Pizza Hut combo restaurants, but you can only get a little tiny personal size and they're pretty gross.
  • jjpptt2
    Options
    2 out of the 3 in my area are still going strong. My area supports restaurants REALLY well, fwiw.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

We still have them here.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options

I can eat usually two slices only and that's thin crust. So yeah, the idea of someone fitting 15 pieces of pizza into their stomach is pretty incredible to me.

And I remember the Pizza Hut buffet when I was a kid. I loved the all-you-can-eat salad much more than the pizza.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

There's no way I could eat two pizzas and not want to vomit...even if I could or wanted to, it sure as hell wouldn't be pizza hut.

Yep! If I want pizza, I am getting the good stuff. Kitten p-hut. That reminds me, I am at my MD'S office and there is a place called Satchels, real pizza! They actually grow their own basil and mushrooms! Talk about fresh! Dang! Slice time I go!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

There's no way I could eat two pizzas and not want to vomit...even if I could or wanted to, it sure as hell wouldn't be pizza hut.

Yep! If I want pizza, I am getting the good stuff. Kitten p-hut. That reminds me, I am at my MD'S office and there is a place called Satchels, real pizza! They actually grow their own basil and mushrooms! Talk about fresh! Dang! Slice time I go!

We've got a Greek place near where I live that makes the best deep dish pizza. But it's not 300 cals a slice, that's for sure.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I miss dine in Pizza Hut :( that was my first job when I was 16,also remembered the buffet and they used to have the best dessert pizzas I wonder if they still do those?
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    You want pizza? Come to Chicago... I'll give you a good pizza!

You can eat however you'd like, but if I was allotting 3500 calories for a day, I'd use some of that for beer and wings too, and perhaps a bottle of wine. Just because it's a buffet doesn't mean you have to go all out. A buffet is usually pretty inexpensive already so if you are eating "to get your money's worth," a typical portion would do. But if you really like pizza and are eating that many slices because it's worth it to you to spend those calories, then go for it.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    You want pizza? Come to Chicago... I'll give you a good pizza!

You can eat however you'd like, but if I was allotting 3500 calories for a day, I'd use some of that for beer and wings too, and perhaps a bottle of wine. Just because it's a buffet doesn't mean you have to go all out. A buffet is usually pretty inexpensive already so if you are eating "to get your money's worth," a typical portion would do. But if you really like pizza and are eating that many slices because it's worth it to you to spend those calories, then go for it.

Mmmm... I remember my trip to chi-town. Pizza..... more like a pie!