Pizza Hut All You Can Eat (pizza buffet) calories?

Options

Replies

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    You want pizza? Come to Chicago... I'll give you a good pizza!

You can eat however you'd like, but if I was allotting 3500 calories for a day, I'd use some of that for beer and wings too, and perhaps a bottle of wine. Just because it's a buffet doesn't mean you have to go all out. A buffet is usually pretty inexpensive already so if you are eating "to get your money's worth," a typical portion would do. But if you really like pizza and are eating that many slices because it's worth it to you to spend those calories, then go for it.

Mmmm... I remember my trip to chi-town. Pizza..... more like a pie!

You mean that tomato cassarole abomination someone tried to pass off as a pizza? ;)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    angelsja wrote: »
    FL_Hiker wrote: »
    So you are planning/hoping to eat 15 slices of pizza? Not judging just honestly curious.

I hope there’s a video, I’m impressed!

15 slices of pizza is like the equivalent to just under 2 pizzas I don't get why everyone is so amazed by this :/

Even at my heaviest I got full after 3 slices, 4 max, I have no clue how someone could put away 15 slices :blush:
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    So you are planning/hoping to eat 15 slices of pizza? Not judging just honestly curious.

15 slices of pizza is like the equivalent to just under 2 pizzas I don't get why everyone is so amazed by this :/

Even at my heaviest I got full after 3 slices, 4 max, I have no clue how someone could put away 15 slices :blush:

The pizzas at the pizza hut buffet's are small in the UK
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options

The pizzas at the pizza hut buffet's are small in the UK

by the sounds, even the full pizzas are smaller in UK :(

best comparison I have is when I was in Canada and bought a slice of pizza, it was definitely worth 3 or 4 UK pizza hut buffet slices :) Ahh memories - that was my first experience of buying pizza by the slice!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Well I guess we're all talking about different sized pizza slices. If we're talking about like, Pizza Street sized pizza slices I could probably eat 15 (I'd be stuffed but I could do it if I was hungry enough) but not Pizza Hut. And There was a dine in Pizza Hut that I used to go to with my son not long ago, 6-8 years ago maybe. I don't know if it's still going strong. The buffet was pretty sweet.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Wow. that's impressive.
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Just came back. :-)

https://imgur.com/a/R7C1A1j

It is an, "All You Can Eat", but you actually get to order - for myself, I have got two medium pizzas; classic (ham and mushrooms) and pepperoni lovers (double pepperoni) - each one was signature pan (the only choice) and about 11 inches (28 centimeters) in the diameter, and pretty thick as well (more dough than ingredients).

Everything is in chronological order - 2 salads, then pizza, repeat. Also one ice cream at the end (3 scoops).

Are my calories approx. correct - 5K calories? :-)

Cheers!

Was nice - fresh and delicious. Although I prefer sushi and Russian buffet more (for same money) - paid 10 Euros today, including unlimited salads and one drink.

Do I correctly understand that you are reporting back that your All-You-Can-Eat-Pizza-Hut-Buffet experience resulted in you eating a 5000 calorie meal? Five Thousand Calories?
    Tell me I misunderstood. please.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I love that you had four bowls of salad along with your pizza! And I totally love that your Pizza Hut has ice cream!

But your nutritional information looks like american values, and you said you paid in euros so I think you need to adjust the calories down based on this nutritional guide at the bottom.

Your pizzas are in 6 slices based on your photo, not the 8 slice "medium" I would expect in the USA. So, I think they are "individual pan" sizes (9" pan)...and the total for the pepperoni looks like 1040 (pepperoni) or 1110 (pepperoni feast) not the 1750 you have listed - I'm guessing 1750 would be an american medium (8 slice) pizza.

I don't see a ham/mushroom listing, but hawaiian would be close and it's only 1,134 for the whole 6 slice pizza. Of course, if you can get actual nutrition info from the individual store, that might be more accurate.

In any case, sounds totally delicious and I'm jealous that you can eat so much!

https://pizzahut.co.uk/restaurants/r/SysSiteAssets/rebrand/food/nutritionalinformation/pzh3084_8828_nutritional_booklet_210x297_ra_v2.pdf/

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    With that much food, the margin for error is going to be pretty high. IMO... Make a reasonable estimate and move on.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    they have salad
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    amy19355 wrote: »

It is an, "All You Can Eat", but you actually get to order - for myself, I have got two medium pizzas; classic (ham and mushrooms) and pepperoni lovers (double pepperoni) - each one was signature pan (the only choice) and about 11 inches (28 centimeters) in the diameter, and pretty thick as well (more dough than ingredients).

Everything is in chronological order - 2 salads, then pizza, repeat. Also one ice cream at the end (3 scoops).

Cheers!

Was nice - fresh and delicious. Although I prefer sushi and Russian buffet more (for same money) - paid 10 Euros today, including unlimited salads and one drink.

Do I correctly understand that you are reporting back that your All-You-Can-Eat-Pizza-Hut-Buffet experience resulted in you eating a 5000 calorie meal? Five Thousand Calories?

Hey. :-) I am actually trying to confirm the value - do you mean that it is too low or too high? I am hoping that I ate less.

I think they're surprised by how many calories you're estimating you ate. Sometimes people can be surprised by how how high certain restaurant meals or large meals for special occasions like Thanksgiving or Christmas can actually be.
  • FarmerCarla
    FarmerCarla Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I would try to stay away from Pizza Hut, and not just because their pizza isn't very good. If I had to go, it would be for salad and a few of the pizza toppings--toss the crust.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Cheers!

You say that like it's hard to do. :blushing:
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options

Cheers!

Hey. :-) I am actually trying to confirm the value - do you mean that it is too low or too high? I am hoping that I ate less.

I think they're surprised by how many calories you're estimating you ate. Sometimes people can be surprised by how how high certain restaurant meals or large meals for special occasions like Thanksgiving or Christmas can actually be.

I have always enjoyed the holiday threads where some of our resident lifters post their numbers. I look forward to seeing their "achievements."
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »

Cheers!

I have always enjoyed the holiday threads where some of our resident lifters post their numbers. I look forward to seeing their "achievements."

It's almost that time!