Restricting diet and no excercise

I see so many people (specially young women) restrict their diet to maintain thier body weight but they never exercise , even some of them haven't even set foot in a gym their whole life ... any long term negative health effects of doing this ?

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    edited October 2018
    I see so many people (specially young women) restrict their diet to maintain thier body weight but they never exercise , even some of them haven't even set foot in a gym their whole life ... any long term negative health effects of doing this ?

One does not have to step foot in a gym to exercise. I saw a local UPS guy at McDonald's that recently retired that had gained 50 pounds. He have been eating back his old daily workout calories. :)

I am more active has my health continues to return over the past 4 years but I still walk a quarter of a mile about 360 times a year.

• KungfuPandin
    KungfuPandin Posts: 90 Member
    I used to have a gym membership and then my interests in exercise changed. Its certainly where I started nut not wgere I ended up. I really enjoy martial arts and exercising outdoors. It's where I really feel better in my mental space. I have young kids and I'm time poor. I have to exercise when ever I get the chance. I grew a love for martal arts, running, rowing and cycling and kettle bells for resistance training... all without a gym.