Office Non-Compliment

2»

Replies

• 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    newbeetler wrote: »
    2baninja - It provides a flatter platform than shoes which have a lean forwards as the heel is slightly higher.

Better balance and better platform for a heavy lift.

You can get flat lifting shoes or better shoes than the trainers I wear but it less outlay to lift in socks for dead’s.

Better base in short

Interesting, I get the flatter workout, but I would've thought that lifting in footwear would give you a more solid base, like it's easier to balance on 1 foot in shoes then in bare feet.... unless that's just me...
    thanks
  • tronjo2002
    tronjo2002 Posts: 43 Member
    I guess when you see someone everyday, that it is harder to notice change. Good work, keep it up!
  • 23rochelle23
    23rochelle23 Posts: 269 Member
    2baninja wrote: »
    newbeetler wrote: »
    2baninja - It provides a flatter platform than shoes which have a lean forwards as the heel is slightly higher.

Better balance and better platform for a heavy lift.

You can get flat lifting shoes or better shoes than the trainers I wear but it less outlay to lift in socks for dead’s.

Better base in short

Interesting, I get the flatter workout, but I would've thought that lifting in footwear would give you a more solid base, like it's easier to balance on 1 foot in shoes then in bare feet.... unless that's just me...
    thanks

You drive down through your heels and spread your toes out for balance to lift heavy - socks, converse (which I lift in) or weight lifting shoes make a huge difference. I was using normal padded gym shoes which had a soft and slightly raised heel - switched it up and it made a world of difference.

• Heamous
    Heamous Posts: 50 Member
    Take him to the gym with you.
  • gettinfitaus
    gettinfitaus Posts: 161 Member
    Wow the change in how that shirt fits!! Congrats!

As for the asshat, he was tactless and insensitive but day to day you wouldn't look different, you've reached the stage where you are making incremental changes which are when you see them year to year AMAZING but day to day you would look the same and people forget the old you because they are just not that invested. Hell I forgot what my sister looked like just last summer (a year ago) she had weight loss surgery a few months ago and has lost almost 50kg and I got the shock of my life scrolling back through photos and seeing one of her last summer. I know she is thinner, I know she looks great and I compliment her regularly but this is the new normal.

Problem for the asshat is that they don't recognise that in order to maintain your gains, you have to maintain what got you here. You can't just sit on your laurels and assume your body is going to keep doing what it is doing!! THAT is the difference between you and him.

Congratulations again by the way you are obviously doing great.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited December 2018
  • ltaylor208402
    ltaylor208402 Posts: 49 Member
    Dude is just a jealous hater! Keep doing what your doing because you look great!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,281 Member
    It would be nice if your coworker could compliment your or even say nothing. It goes to prove that we do this for ourselves and the good people in our lives who care about us enough to notice and appreciate our hard work to get fit and healthy.

He is a co worker.. not a person you selected to be in your life. He'd never make the cut.
  • Runaroundafieldx2
    Runaroundafieldx2 Posts: 233 Member
    I would have laughed in their face and said

That level of observation explains the quality of your work
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Is that person blind? :D:D:D:D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!