Shred to lose weight skinny fat

Options
Im 41 male at 6'2" 185 lbs with 24% body fat i want to lose weight to shred and then bulk after should i strength train or do regular 3 sets 10 reps?

Replies

• steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    Im 41 male at 6'2" 185 lbs with 24% body fat i want to lose weight to shred and then bulk after should i strength train or do regular 3 sets 10 reps?

If you're new or rusty to strength training, get on a proven beginners full body training program; as always, to lose fat eat in a calorie deficit. Most programs like this will emphasize strength-building over aesthetics/size to build a good base upon which you can more efficiently bulk once your body fat is low enough.
  • iamjinfinite
    iamjinfinite Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks i appreciate your answer i will definitely look into one...any plan recommendations?
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Use Starting Strength, Strong Lifts, or Grey Skull - Pick one of these and follow it. Eat at maintainence , maybe add a little depending on what happens with your weight or waistline
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Thanks i appreciate your answer i will definitely look into one...any plan recommendations?

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • iamjinfinite
    iamjinfinite Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    wa694maqv16i.jpg
    This is what my body looks like
  • 4Pop
    4Pop Posts: 53 Member
    Options

What do you expect to see then you "shred"?

I'd eat at TDEE, set at sedentary, forget eating back exercise calories, and as suggested start a beginner full-body 3x a week (proven) program (not something you make yourself, or get from a magazine/youtube).

AllPro Beginner is another one.

Check your body weight every week or 2, and adjust caloric intake accordingly. Figure macros (forget percentages) at a minimum of .7g and .4g per lb of body weight. Fill in carbs however you like. Stick with the program for 6-12 months, and follow it as written, only using approved (by the program) substitutions for lifts which may cause issues.

• 4Pop
    4Pop Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Unable to edit, forgot to specify: .7 protein and .4 fat