Curry Goat - slow cooker

Options
MaryContrary1972
MaryContrary1972 Posts: 58 Member
I haven't had this since I left London and I miss it! Does anyone have an authentic slow cooker recipe that's tried and tested? I'll have to use mutton - no goat around her . Ty :)

Replies

• lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but do not. When I lived outside Wash DC I easily found goat in the Asian supermarkets. But now that I again live in Denver I've never seen fresh goat meat or even frozen. I do agree that mutton/lamb is the closest alternative. Whenever you do find the recipe, I want it!
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Indian curry or Jamaican curry?
  • MaryContrary1972
    Options
    Jamaican curry :)
  • MaryContrary1972
    Options
    That's fab ty - looks healthy too :)
  • sytchequeen
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Jamaican or Caribean curries are pretty simple to be honest. I make this in my IP all the time.
    Follow the same directions but adjust for IP cooking. I do mine at 60min. HP with natural release. Adjust the amount of curry and hot pepper to what you can handle.

Jamaican Goat Curry.

stealing that....

if it was Indian I could help. I'll certainly give this one a try, my friend has a goat farm ;)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,625 Member
    Options
    I'd like to eat more goat. I heard it's only been a few years since they stopped slaughtering the billy's at birth because they were considered worthless to the dairy industry. Does anyone know where to buy kid in the UK? Am I likely to find it at the Indian supermarket? Or do I need to trek to a butcher in a Caribbean neighbourhood?
  • sytchequeen
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    I'd like to eat more goat. I heard it's only been a few years since they stopped slaughtering the billy's at birth because they were considered worthless to the dairy industry. Does anyone know where to buy kid in the UK? Am I likely to find it at the Indian supermarket? Or do I need to trek to a butcher in a Caribbean neighbourhood?

Heck yeah. My friends goat farm is in Pembrokeshire, but they do mail order. If you are seriously interested I can share a link if that is allowed - don't want to be considered spamming. They have a Boer Goat herd, and I can guarantee those animals are really well cared for.
  • acpgee
    Options
    Please post link. Or message me if you prefer.
  • sytchequeen
    Options
    message sent :)
  • MaryContrary1972
    Options
    Could you post a link please?
  • acpgee
    Options
    If I can get a hold of some goat I think the first curry I will try is a Malaysian/Indonesian rendang.