Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Curry Goat - slow cooker

MaryContrary1972
MaryContrary1972 Posts: 58 Member
I haven't had this since I left London and I miss it! Does anyone have an authentic slow cooker recipe that's tried and tested? I'll have to use mutton - no goat around her . Ty :)

Replies

• lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    I'm sorry but do not. When I lived outside Wash DC I easily found goat in the Asian supermarkets. But now that I again live in Denver I've never seen fresh goat meat or even frozen. I do agree that mutton/lamb is the closest alternative. Whenever you do find the recipe, I want it!
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Indian curry or Jamaican curry?
  • MaryContrary1972
    Jamaican curry :)
  • MaryContrary1972
    That's fab ty - looks healthy too :)
  • sytchequeen
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Jamaican or Caribean curries are pretty simple to be honest. I make this in my IP all the time.
    Follow the same directions but adjust for IP cooking. I do mine at 60min. HP with natural release. Adjust the amount of curry and hot pepper to what you can handle.

Jamaican Goat Curry.

stealing that....

if it was Indian I could help. I'll certainly give this one a try, my friend has a goat farm ;)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,855 Member
    I'd like to eat more goat. I heard it's only been a few years since they stopped slaughtering the billy's at birth because they were considered worthless to the dairy industry. Does anyone know where to buy kid in the UK? Am I likely to find it at the Indian supermarket? Or do I need to trek to a butcher in a Caribbean neighbourhood?
  • sytchequeen
    acpgee wrote: »
    I'd like to eat more goat. I heard it's only been a few years since they stopped slaughtering the billy's at birth because they were considered worthless to the dairy industry. Does anyone know where to buy kid in the UK? Am I likely to find it at the Indian supermarket? Or do I need to trek to a butcher in a Caribbean neighbourhood?

Heck yeah. My friends goat farm is in Pembrokeshire, but they do mail order. If you are seriously interested I can share a link if that is allowed - don't want to be considered spamming. They have a Boer Goat herd, and I can guarantee those animals are really well cared for.
  • acpgee
    Please post link. Or message me if you prefer.
  • sytchequeen
    message sent :)
  • MaryContrary1972
    Could you post a link please?
  • acpgee
    If I can get a hold of some goat I think the first curry I will try is a Malaysian/Indonesian rendang.